By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'M DONE with PS4 and XONE games!

Carl2291 said:
hivycox said:

True I should have pointed out that with "weapon" I just mean guns! Otherwise I would have included Ryse in my list!

And about Metroid and the other ones: Thats what I'm talking about: Variety!!! Nintendo provides variety in their games! I don't get that level of variety on a Playstation or a XBOX

Is this serious?

You dont get variety with a PlayStation or an Xbox?

There are games of all genres, with countless artstyles on PS and Xbox. What exactly are you after?

Couldn't agree more Just looking at my PS3 Library;

Bejeweled 2
Bioshock
Burn Zombi Burn
Buzz Quiz TV
Demons Souls
Devil May Cry 4
Eye Pet
FFXXIII
Flower
God of War Collection
Gran Turismo 5
Grand Theft Auto
Heavy Rain
Infamous Collection
Jakk Collection
Journey
Killzone Collection
Lair
Little Big Planet 1 & 2
Little Big Planet Racing 
Madden
Metal Gear Solid 4
Medieval Moves

MLB The Show 2013
ModNation Racers
Motorstorm 
NOBY NOBY BOY
Oblivion
Pain
Peggle
Pixel Junk Collection
Playstation Heros
Playstation Move Heros
Ratchet and Clank 
Red Dead
Resistance Collection
Singstar
Sports Champions 1 & 2
Super Star Dust
The Shoot
The Sly Collection
Trine
Tumble
Uncharted Collection
Virtua Fighter 5
Smackdown V Raw
Street Fighter 4
WarHawk
Wipeout
Zen Pinball

I am not sure what genre of style is missing from that list of about half my PS3 games that Nintendo delivers on. I have to many Platforms to count, and I think they all do a very good job at variety. Xbox my lack a little, but MS does seem to be trying very hard to expand their development next gen. I don't think anyone can argue variety on any platform.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

they're are small diferences, but it's still about what games you do and don't want to play. we may puh graphic' but it's not what matters.

lol the close-mindedness is strong in this thread.

It's more than just the graphics. I'll tell you what else hasn't improved. Sound. Remember how crappy sound was on the Sega Genesis, or PSOne?...

No one brings up sound anymore. It's done. You know what's next? Graphics. We're getting to a point where, just like sound, graphics will only improve based on what's needed, or how much the company is willing to spend.

Time to focus on other things.... Like how fun the game actually is.

superchunk said:
Attoyou said:

Different consoles. You're only argument is NSMBU and SM3DWorld. But that is also 2D vs 3D and offer dramatically different experiences due to that.

All I'm saying is there is WAY too many games across all publishers/consoles that are simple the formula of some character that uses some weapon to kill someone in a First or Third person point of view with realistic graphics. Its getting monotonous and boring.

Nintendo is clearly different and while they do recycle their IPs, its always with multiple years in between and almost always not on same console more than once.

I have the same reasoning why I'd never buy a yearly iteration. I think its dumb. oh no same game with different labels and one minor new feature!!! F-that.

Also you're focused on one IP out of a great variety Nintendo creates. MSony have different IPs that are all the same basic game. That's the difference.

I agree but disagree at the same time. Because Mario IS nintendo so it is hard not to argue that point more so than others. Nintendo is NOWHERE near as diverse as it is put out to be. And just because they do it across different platforms in no different than Sony doing across it's platforms. It is still the same games just different packages. And almost all the so called diverse titles that Nintendo has there is something to matchit on MS and even more so Sony side....

So yeah this is flawed logic....no need to argue it I guess. Different taste so different people...

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

Please tell me you're joking.

superchunk said:
Attoyou said:
superchunk said:
Attoyou said:
superchunk said:
Yep. As I watched the various shows all I saw was essentially the same game with a different character model and weapon.

So glad Nintendo is so different.

Yes, Instead of guns guns guns you get mario mario mario. 

with multiple years in between.... not every other month.

What? If you're a nintendo gamer then you enjoyed Mario 3D Land, New super Mario 2 and New Super Mario U in less than a year apart each. Thats not even getting into the Mario Karts and the Mario Sports games or Paper mario or Mario and Luigi. Or Luigi U coming soon.  

Talk abou diversity.

Different consoles. You're only argument is NSMBU and SM3DWorld. But that is also 2D vs 3D and offer dramatically different experiences due to that.

All I'm saying is there is WAY too many games across all publishers/consoles that are simple the formula of some character that uses some weapon to kill someone in a First or Third person point of view with realistic graphics. Its getting monotonous and boring.

Nintendo is clearly different and while they do recycle their IPs, its always with multiple years in between and almost always not on same console more than once.

I have the same reasoning why I'd never buy a yearly iteration. I think its dumb. oh no same game with different labels and one minor new feature!!! F-that.

Also you're focused on one IP out of a great variety Nintendo creates. MSony have different IPs that are all the same basic game. That's the difference.

I'm not talking about a system, I'm talking about a Nintendo gamer bitching about diversity. Playing the same 4 games every 2 years for the last 20 years and calling out samey shooters on diversity. You'd be right to call those games out on ps4 and One too, but don't go praising Nintendo for it. I enjoyed Mario 3D land and New Super Mario 2 and New Super Mario U a lot but there is little diversity between the 3 and all 3 rehash elements from older games. 

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. Theres plenty of variety this gen just like this gen had.

Attoyou said:

I'm not talking about a system, I'm talking about a Nintendo gamer bitching about diversity. Playing the same 4 games every 2 years for the last 20 years and calling out samey shooters on diversity. You'd be right to call those games out on ps4 and One too, but don't go praising Nintendo for it. I enjoyed Mario 3D land and New Super Mario 2 and New Super Mario U a lot but there is little diversity between the 3 and all 3 rehash elements from older games. 

lol ok I'm done. :)

TimCliveroller said:
pokoko said:

No variety with Playstation?  Serious?

Puppeteer?  Rain?  Tearaway?  Little Big Planet?  Sly Cooper?  Ratchet & Clank?  Tokyo Jungle?  No variety?  Really?

Puppeteer?  Rain?  Tearaway?  Little Big Planet?  Sly Cooper?  Ratchet & Clank?  Tokyo Jungle?  No variety?  Really?   = unessential

Think big games.

What the hell?  All games are unessential.  But you only care about the big games?  Alright, but you and I are different.  I only care about games I enjoy, I don't give a rat's ass if it's "big" or not.

Let me tell you something, though.  This is honest and complete truth.  Back when I was a Nintendo gamer, I pretty much walked away after I had the SNES for awhile.  Why?  Because, as someone else said about non-Nintendo games, I found the flood of cartoony games with flat, shallow characters monotonous and boring.  I found god-damn JUMPING ON STUFF game after bloody game to be monotonous and boring.  I found running into giant coins monotonous and boring.

You know what, though?  I didn't whine.  I didn't pitch a fit.  I just walked away from gaming for awhile.  Then I got a PC and found some games I really liked.  Then I got a Playstation and found more games I liked.  Does that mean I think Mario games are bad?  No, they just aren't for me.  I'm not some little kid who thinks the entire world has to revolve around what I like.

This whole bitter-sounding torrent of whining about games on other systems is really, really, seriously giving Nintendo fans a bad name.  I know they all aren't pouty babyheads desperately trying to build up their own opinions by tearing others down but damn if it doesn't sometimes feel that way.  Nintendo fans with brains, I'm sorry, but bloody hell, this "genre elitist" movement is damn annoying.