By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Post your 3DS stats - Official Super Smash Bros. WiiU/3DS Thread

When will you be getting the 3DS version of Super Smash Bros?

Day 1 94 55.62%

In October 9 5.33%

Before the end of the year 10 5.92%

In 2015 2 1.18%

Never, I'm waiting for the Wii U version 52 30.77%

Total:167

This is sure to stir up some debates. I certainly wasn't expecting this.

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

Around the Network

People shouldn't get upset over something like this... Seriously! -__-

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Conegamer said:
Dem Zero Suit costumes ¬_¬

Wats Wrong O.o  They are based on games :0

tbone51 said:
Conegamer said:

Would rather have the Super Metroid Bikini.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
tbone51 said:
Conegamer said:

Would rather have the Super Metroid Bikini.

lmao, Totally didnt see that. If they done that then i could see all this ranting online. I cant believe there are some people over doing it with this update :-/

Around the Network
RCTjunkie said:

Thanks to the determination of her female designer...

I enjoy the need to emphasize this point.

Nintentacle said:
t3mporary_126 said:
Today must be Jizz Beard's birthday.

Yup.

But, it isn't Zero Suit Samus! She still has a suit on!

Zero Suit =/= Birthday Suit

This is a complicated thing in my opinion.

On one hand, technically those costumes are a part of the Metroid mythology if you will. As they are shown at the end of Fusion and Zero Mission. It's the reward if you will, you get to see Samus without the Varia Suit or similar armor.

On the other hand...is this really necessary? True, it's part of the mythology, but it honestly seems needless to me. Again, Sakurai emphasized that it wasn't going to happen if not for the female designer, so if that didn't happen...would we really have complained?

There's no right or wrong here, and obviously it won't change, I'm very mixed about this to be honest.

Oh, and as for Sakurai pointing out that a female designer did this. If he didn't say that...imagine all the "oh yeah, a guy made that happen" comments we would've gotten.

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

blackmagicwolf said:

On one hand, technically those costumes are a part of the Metroid mythology if you will. As they are shown at the end of Fusion and Zero Mission. It's the reward if you will, you get to see Samus without the Varia Suit or similar armor.

On the other hand...is this really necessary? True, it's part of the mythology, but it honestly seems needless to me. Again, Sakurai emphasized that it wasn't going to happen if not for the female designer, so if that didn't happen...would we really have complained?

There's no right or wrong here, and obviously it won't change, I'm very mixed about this to be honest.

Oh, and as for Sakurai pointing out that a female designer did this. If he didn't say that...imagine all the "oh yeah, a guy made that happen" comments we would've gotten.

NES Open Mario isn't necessary, Pink jumpsuit Little Mac isn't either, they're just alt costumes inspired by the games these characters were in. The Samus situation isn't different.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
blackmagicwolf said:

NES Open Mario isn't necessary, Pink jumpsuit Little Mac isn't either, they're just alt costumes inspired by the games these characters were in. The Samus situation isn't different.

Agreed^ Besides wat else could they have done with ZSS? I think these are perfect and is a throwback to the gba games just like Wireframe Mac (for the 80s) and NES Mario. 

Wats funny too is alot of people dont realize Mario new color swap (the light blue + purple) is actually from the original mario bros :)

I think the pool should be updated since we are having more newcomers, or a question about how you feel about the new ZSS' alt costume

We reap what we sow