By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Killer Instincts is a Free-2-play Digital-only game with

Oh, you have to buy all the modes seperately too?

I wonder how much everything will cost overall? Usually these end up costing a lot more than if it came packaged in a $60 retail package.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:

You can buy the full game at launch with all the characters and everything. What they were talking about is letting people download the game for free with only one playable character. It's like a demo, but lets you access everything in the game with just the one characters, and you can buy additional characters separately if you want to.

*edit* Folks should go watch the Gamespot interview. I also watched a Youtube video of a guy that played the game and said it was amazing. 

That's good news. Did they hint at a price?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
smroadkill15 said:

You can buy the full game at launch with all the characters and everything. What they were talking about is letting people download the game for free with only one playable character. It's like a demo, but lets you access everything in the game with just the one characters, and you can buy additional characters separately if you want to.

*edit* Folks should go watch the Gamespot interview. I also watched a Youtube video of a guy that played the game and said it was amazing. 

That's good news. Did they hint at a price?

No mention of a price yet. 

oniyide said:

if you actually read the entire thing, he brought up iOS which is what i was referring to. You can jump in the kool aid but please know the flavor.

Actually, I did read it.

Yet you somehow thought he was talking about the quality of iOS games...

You should read it again and figure out how you missed the point.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

mibuokami said:

I think they got f2p and demo mixed up.

There is less playable characters here (1) from the get go than pretty much all fighting game demo :/

In a fighting demo you usually get to play as a few fighters.

In the free version of Killer Instinct you only play as Jago, but you actually get to complete the game as Jago and see his story. No fighting demo has ever let you do that from my recollection.

I'm curious if you can atleast test characters out in training mode before actually purchasing them. Doesn't really matter to me though, they're going to sell all the characters in one package and I think long time fans are more likely to opt for that.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Seece said:
dane007 said:
You can buy the full game with all characters. The f2p i s like the demo trial for you to test and if you want to buy only a few characters then you can or if not buy the full game

Is this actually confirmed?

The only thing that seemed clear based on the interview below is you can buy packages.

They are doing seasons so content will be added.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AR4mr5lCBk

Recently Completed