By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Killer Instincts is a Free-2-play Digital-only game with

that's ok. the full game will be probably cheaper and if you only want to play a few characters, pay only 15 bucks or so and be done.

f2p is ok, just p2w is horrible.

Around the Network

Wow, this is less content (characterwise) than the Dead or Alive 5+ demo had. I'd say 30-40% of the roster should be aviable for free AT LEAST.

Just read this on IGN kind of weird. On the one hand I dont think this is what people want considering it was on hiatus for such a long time. I think people wanted some spectacular release. BUT its F2P! Cant really complain about that.

Now that I think about it, from a fighting game perspective, wont the game be kinda broken? When there is so much characters just strewn about the place, it kinda doesnt end well. Looking at you SFxTekken

lol this hate bandwagon is getting out of hand.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

well i didnt liek the look of the game so I am not surprised it f2p

That is... incredibly lame. Ulgh

ugh, only 1 character? wtf

sales2099 said:

This was a niche title with a small but hardcore fanbase, most of the people clammering for this game still remember playing it in the Snes day as an Arcade coin-op. The Snes and N64 versions were significantly inferior.

I can understand where MS is coming from, they know this game if made would probably not be profitable because the amount of people that would buy this at retail or even as a downloadable game would be pretty small to negligible, so they make it f2p to get access to broader audiences and hopefully convert more of those consumers into sale.

That being said, having just 1 character availible for the 'f2p' is pretty bullshit, there is less content here than a fighting game demo which includes at least 2-4 characters. They could at least add 4+ characters as the initial lineup.

Edit to insert lame joke: then again, it IS the Xbox One, maybe they're just trying to drive the message home :P

mibuokami said:
sales2099 said:

This was a niche title with a small but hardcore fanbase, most of the people clammering for this game still remember playing it in the Snes day as an Arcade coin-op. The Snes and N64 versions were significantly inferior.

I can understand where MS is coming from, they know this game if made would probably not be profitable because the amount of people that would by this at retail would be pretty negligible so they make it f2p to get access to broader audiences and hopefully convert more of those consumers into sale.

That being said, having just 1 character availible for the 'f2p' is pretty bullshit, there is less content here than a fighting game demo which includes at least 2-4 characters. They could at least add 4+ characters as the initial lineup.

You probably pay to unlock a few favourite characters and it would be a fraction of $60 one would think.

Its like gamers never played a IOS free-to-play game....this concept is so foreign to them and its been around for years.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.