By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Killer Instincts is a Free-2-play Digital-only game with

Not a terrible strategy for a fighting game. Just buy the characters you like.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
Apparently this info is wrong and the demo is the f2p game with just Jago. But you can apparently add characters to the demo for a fee. So in a way.. it is kind of like mobile gaming. There are tons of games where you can play a limited free version but also buy some of the things that are in the paid premium version.

All versions of the game are digital. Including the collections edition.

DIGITAL
COLLECTORS
EDITION

Wtf Microsoft lulz

Collectors edition for a digital title? O_o

How is that even possible?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
J_Allard said:
Apparently this info is wrong and the demo is the f2p game with just Jago. But you can apparently add characters to the demo for a fee. So in a way.. it is kind of like mobile gaming. There are tons of games where you can play a limited free version but also buy some of the things that are in the paid premium version.

All versions of the game are digital. Including the collections edition.

DIGITAL
COLLECTORS
EDITION

Wtf Microsoft lulz

Collectors edition for a digital title? O_o

How is that even possible?

Buy collection, get along with it the usual collectors stuff and perhaps codes to download it to for example a PC.

Dark Souls half did it with some content... like making of video for example.

big disappointment. i would have liked to have seen an awsome game. i did not. i love the KI series, maybe it will get better down thee road, doubt it but who knows.

depending on the price per character this could be fine.

...but i really would have though MS would want this game on store shelves.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
depending on the price per character this could be fine.

...but i really would have though MS would want this game on store shelves.

Same, I reckon it would sell really well. If they're doing a 'full' digital version, what's the harm doing a box one.

You can buy the full game at launch with all the characters and everything. What they were talking about is letting people download the game for free with only one playable character. It's like a demo, but lets you access everything in the game with just the one characters, and you can buy additional characters separately if you want to.

*edit* Folks should go watch the Gamespot interview. I also watched a Youtube video of a guy that played the game and said it was amazing. 

Why not put a small roster in first (instead of just 1) then do the micro-transactions for the additional characters later?

@smroadkill15 said:

Ah now it made sense. I was confused there for a moment. Thanks for pointing out the interview.

Wow, talk about a round kick to the face to fans, thought it does make sense...I guess since f2p is starting to get big.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Killer Instinct Launching with Xbox One in November, Free-to-Play Format a Misconception: http://shoryuken.com/2013/06/11/killer-instinct-launching-with-xbox-one-in-november-as-free-to-play-digital-title-jago-announced-as-sole-free-character/