By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Killer Instincts is a Free-2-play Digital-only game with

oniyide said:
sales2099 said:
oniyide said:
sales2099 said:

You probably pay to unlock a few favourite characters and it would be a fraction of $60 one would think.

Its like gamers never played a IOS free-to-play game....this concept is so foreign to them and its been around for years.

The fact that you are comparing it to some crap on a phone, is the issue. This is a console, people EXPECT more.

Hey, that has nothing to do qith quality. two different things.

A lot of people dont associate phone gaming with 'quality', not saying KI will suck.

Nono not phone gaming, free-to-play, which just happens to be on phone games mostly.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
oniyide said:
sales2099 said:
oniyide said:
sales2099 said:

You probably pay to unlock a few favourite characters and it would be a fraction of $60 one would think.

Its like gamers never played a IOS free-to-play game....this concept is so foreign to them and its been around for years.

The fact that you are comparing it to some crap on a phone, is the issue. This is a console, people EXPECT more.

Hey, that has nothing to do qith quality. two different things.

A lot of people dont associate phone gaming with 'quality', not saying KI will suck.

Nono not phone gaming, free-to-play, which just happens to be on phone games mostly.

you brought up iOS, my point still stands.

oniyide said:
sales2099 said:
oniyide said:

Ah, point taken. Though I do truly mean the free-to-play model, which in itself doesnt affect quality

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

oniyide said:
sales2099 said:

He was referring to the F2P strategy, not the games themselves.

The only thing that stands is you missed the point.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Apparently this info is wrong and the demo is the f2p game with just Jago. But you can apparently add characters to the demo for a fee. So in a way.. it is kind of like mobile gaming. There are tons of games where you can play a limited free version but also buy some of the things that are in the paid premium version.

All versions of the game are digital. Including the collections edition.

DIGITAL
COLLECTORS
EDITION

Wtf Microsoft lulz

Around the Network

You can buy the full game with all characters. The f2p i s like the demo trial for you to test and if you want to buy only a few characters then you can or if not buy the full game

sales2099 said:
oniyide said:
sales2099 said:
oniyide said:

Ah, point taken. Though I do truly mean the free-to-play model, which in itself doesnt affect quality

fair enough

Mr Puggsly said:
oniyide said:
sales2099 said:

He was referring to the F2P strategy, not the games themselves.

The only thing that stands is you missed the point.

if you actually read the entire thing, he brought up iOS which is what i was referring to. You can jump in the kool aid but please know the flavor.

.......................annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd i'm not getting an Xbox One now.

dane007 said:
You can buy the full game with all characters. The f2p i s like the demo trial for you to test and if you want to buy only a few characters then you can or if not buy the full game

Is this actually confirmed?