By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo lost their last third party support

snowdog said:
For those that aren't aware a lead platform is the platform that development started with and the code is ported to other platforms. It has nothing to do with features or extra content whatsoever. Come on people, this is video game 101. The Wii U is the lead platform for Rayman Legends.

I know, i thought his definition of lead platform was a bit ridiculous. As well as assuming that ubisoft cut off support. 

Around the Network

source? oh that's right assumptions.

can i sage this thread now?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I believe this is the Information people are talking about:

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/06/11/ubisoft-e3-show-host-says-no-new-wii-u-games-because-its-an-abandoned-platform/

Ubisoft referred to the Wii U as an "abandoned" platform claiming that they were moving away from developing any new core games for the system for the foreseeable future.

cannonballZ said:
Purple said:

Extra levels is the big one. There was some mention of exclusive skins too from memory.

the wii u has exclusive levels too, i don't know how many but one of them is The Deadly Lights level. Extra levels doesn't necessarily make it the lead platform either.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Wii U no longer has any exlcusive levels as they're all in the Vita version.

Purple said:
cannonballZ said:
Purple said:

Extra levels is the big one. There was some mention of exclusive skins too from memory.

the wii u has exclusive levels too, i don't know how many but one of them is The Deadly Lights level. Extra levels doesn't necessarily make it the lead platform either.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Wii U no longer has any exlcusive levels as they're all in the Vita version.

The Deadly Lights level is exclusive to wii u.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/30/4377116/rayman-legends-preview-wii-u-ps-vita

Around the Network

Similar thread? Here is one made earlier: [E3 2013] Wii U lack third party titles.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

omg I'm so excited for the Nintendo Direct I don't even care. Just buy Nintendo games and then a second console.

I think I should stop now before I start posting really crazy stuff...

I buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games. 3rd party games are just icing on the cake (I hate regular cake... only like ice cream cake).

Why would I buy Ubisoft's trash? I bought Red Steel and it was crap. They had their chance with me: 7 years ago when the Wii launched.

Neither Watch_Dogs nor Splinter Cell Blacklist were announced for Wii U at last year's E3. I don't think they were announced until this year. Ubi may simply be waiting to see how the console sells this Holiday.