By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo lost their last third party support

In Japan, third party games such as Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy have had major impact on hardware sales, But overall globally third party support has never driven sales for a Nintendo system, not even in the golden days of NES and SNES. Nintendo hardware sales have always been about first party software.

Around the Network

When did Ubisoft announce cutting support? And when did Vita become the lead platform? Links.. I can't find anything to confirm this.

Everything I google says wii u is still lead platform. That doesn't make sense, it was in development for wii u way before vita, how could vita all of a sudden be the lead platform?

Wait, ........ I get it!!! ....... this is a joke right?

Ha ha ha ha!!!!

Wii U was blocked from the start. Its a console for the exclusives. No use expecting more than that.

cannonballZ said:
When did Ubisoft announce cutting support? And when did Vita become the lead platform? Links.. I can't find anything to confirm this.

Everything I google says wii u is still lead platform. That doesn't make sense, it was in development for wii u way before vita, how could vita all of a sudden be the lead platform?

Wait, ........ I get it!!! ....... this is a joke right?

Ha ha ha ha!!!!

Well it depends on your definition of lead platform. But I think the platform with the most features is the lead platform, hence Vita.

Let them leave, I don't want third parties tainting Nintendo's console anyway. They've made their money grubbing intentions clear with the DRM fuckfest with Xbone and likely the PS4 as well. I can live off PC and Nintendo games alone.

Around the Network
Purple said:

shift from Wii U to Vita as the lead version of the game.

Is this real life

Purple said:

Well it depends on your definition of lead platform. But I think the platform with the most features is the lead platform, hence Vita.

Wait, what? i need to see these "features" then... I will watch the ubisoft presser and see for myself or would you happen to have a list of these features versus wii u features?

Soleron said:
Purple said:

shift from Wii U to Vita as the lead version of the game.

Is this real life

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I'm holding out hope that Nintendo is going to have a 3rd party only Wii U Nintendo Direct in the next day or two and show off stuff that no one assumed or knew was coming. Though frankly I'm not holding my breath at this point.

Bah!

Just accept Nintendo have no 3rd party support because they didnt want to DRM games on the wiiU.