By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo lost their last third party support

cannonballZ said:
Purple said:

Well it depends on your definition of lead platform. But I think the platform with the most features is the lead platform, hence Vita.

Wait, what? i need to see these "features" then... I will watch the ubisoft presser and see for myself or would you happen to have a list of these features versus wii u features?

Extra levels is the big one. There was some mention of exclusive skins too from memory.

Around the Network

source on ubisoft?

I'll wait for their prezzy tomorrow.

I don´t know what is this fuzz about. So far both Sony and MS are stressing exclusive content for their consoles on their conferences, they´re just doing exactely what Nintendo is expected to do.

Nintendo always rely on their 1st-party content for its consoles to be sucessfull. It wouldn´t be different this time. And they´re makin some interesting partnerships right now, with Monolith, Retro, Namco, Sega, Platinum Games, Mistalker, and who knows else ? We already know that Capcom will bring MH 4 exclusively for Nintendo consoles and Ubisoft is still working on AC and Watch Dogs for WiiU. So, it sure has a lot less support from western developers but it does seems that they are prepared to face it

Lets see how will their ND go tomorrow

Wait until after the Nintendo E3 Direct. Once that's over, THEN it's time to look at the third party support.

There's good reason to suspect that there's been some false claims in the media in recent times. Most notably because Fifa 14 apparently was confirmed for development on not just PS3/PS4/XB360/XBO, but also Wii, PSP, PSV, 3DS, DS, PS2, iPod/Pad/Phone, and Android. It's hard to believe that they'd make the game for all of those platforms, but not the Wii U. If it's legitimately not coming, it's not because of system sales, Fifa 13 sales, or system capabilities. But I wouldn't be surprised, given that EA went "we're not supporting the Wii U going ahead", and have more recently started going "... actually, yes we are", if it turns out that there's been some particularly bad PR work that confused the facts.

Anyway, wait until the E3 Direct. Even if multiplatform support isn't there, it's possible that Nintendo have a heap of exclusives (whether through Nintendo paying for them, or publishers deciding that their best chance on Wii U is to release games specifically designed for the system). It's also possible that the support isn't coming. So, wait.

Purple said:

Extra levels is the big one. There was some mention of exclusive skins too from memory.

the wii u has exclusive levels too, i don't know how many but one of them is The Deadly Lights level. Extra levels doesn't necessarily make it the lead platform either.

Around the Network
Purple said:
spurgeonryan said:
Didn't they make developers keep everything quiet last year? Maybe they are doing this again this time.

Anyone know how long the ND is going to be tomorrow?

Have Nintendo ever discussed any third party games during a Nintendo Direct? (that weren't part of a partnership/publisher deal)

Yes. Need For Speed: Most Wanted is an example of one.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Metallicube said:

I can live off PC and Nintendo games alone.

Great statement!!

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

For those that aren't aware a lead platform is the platform that development started with and the code is ported to other platforms. It has nothing to do with features or extra content whatsoever. Come on people, this is video game 101. The Wii U is the lead platform for Rayman Legends.

I'll wait till the Direct to make an opinion on this.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

vaio said:
Roma said:
well Nintendo should do more themselves like expand and shit all over 3rd parties! If I was Nintendo I would have been more aggressive in that department

I´ve been saying that for years now, that´s the only way for them to survive in the long run.

They desperatly need their own eco system and let the 3rd parties that want to particapate

Nintendo increased their manpower to more than 5000 people recently. They are combining their hardware development divisions... I think Nintendo realized their position several gens ago... Iwata has also stated that they do not buy studios, since studios are only worthy as much as the people who work there continues to be motivated and willing to work with them.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064