By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo lost their last third party support

I think the DRM situation is panning out. These companies aren't supporting Nintendo for a reason.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
They usually do it all at their conference. I am pretty sure. Then the other companies become more vocal.

Nintendo is always so secretive, even when they should not be.

We know most of the games they will show they told us last week. How is that secretive? The best we get is one or two games we don't know about being shown. I am still excited. And with what the Xbox will be I have to hope they really deliver on what is shown tomorrow.

Once Nintendo unveils the new Smash Brothers then we'll forget all about EA's latest cash ins.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Purple said:

Ubisoft discreetly severed support for the Wii U today, announcing only token versions of games that are already too deep in development to cancel (Watchdogs, AC) and casual games that are cheap to produce and port accross (Just Dance). This comes after Rayman Legends was delayed almost a year and then the shift from Wii U to Vita as the lead version of the game.

EA reaffirmed they have no interest in supporting the console. Activision seem uninterested and none of the smaller third parties are even bothering to bring any games over to Nintendo's system.

So what from here? Do Nintendo try to prop the Wii U up exclusively with first party games and second party arrangements? Or should they just call it quits and cut their losses to focus on the 3ds?

ACIV, Watch Dogs, Splinter Cell, Rayman Legends (which IS still the "lead version")................sorry, but what the fuck are you talking about?

Activision have basically not said anything. That doesn't mean they're not supporting Wii U. CoD still rumored to come to Wii U. GTA V still rumored to come to Wii U. Batman: Arkham Origins coming to Wii U. Warner Bros. Interactive still heavily supporting Wii U. EA is literally the only one acting like bitches.

So calm down.

Purple said:

Ubisoft discreetly severed support for the Wii U today, announcing only token versions of games that are already too deep in development to cancel (Watchdogs, AC) and casual games that are cheap to produce and port accross (Just Dance). This comes after Rayman Legends was delayed almost a year and then the shift from Wii U to Vita as the lead version of the game.

EA reaffirmed they have no interest in supporting the console. Activision seem uninterested and none of the smaller third parties are even bothering to bring any games over to Nintendo's system.

So what from here? Do Nintendo try to prop the Wii U up exclusively with first party games and second party arrangements? Or should they just call it quits and cut their losses to focus on the 3ds?

Erm, you might want to wait until tomorrow before you comment on the state of third party support for the Wii U.

Around the Network

it's funny how they say "our game XXXX is on next gen platforms Ps4 xboxone, Ps3, xbox 360. so is not for power reasons they are porting that games to xbox 360 and ps3 old consoles WTF?? lol

34 years playing games.

This happened with the N64, it's nothing new

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

spurgeonryan said:
They usually do it all at their conference. I am pretty sure. Then the other companies become more vocal.

Nintendo is always so secretive, even when they should not be.

You really voiced my opinion on this one, Ryan. Nice!

Um.. Nintendo tends to want to show games in development for their consoles at THEIR show.

Wait till tomorrow morning and we'll see the titles from 3rd parties and more importantly, in house developers.

Roma said:
well Nintendo should do more themselves like expand and shit all over 3rd parties! If I was Nintendo I would have been more aggressive in that department

I´ve been saying that for years now, that´s the only way for them to survive in the long run.

They desperatly need their own eco system and let the 3rd parties that want to particapate

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.