By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I have to log on the internet to access VGC. I hate it

Some people only browse the forums at work and don't have home internet.

Some folks only have internet access on their phone.

My internet rarely goes down also, but when it does, it is usually when I could be gaming. You see, in the summer time not many things happen that can knock out the internet, but I am usually not playing games. In the winter I often have much more time to game, but more things can disturb the internet. There have been plenty of years where the net has been down for multiple days over the winter break, and that is prime gaming season for me.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
superchunk said:
Love it when people sarcastically make a point in comparing apples and oranges.

APPLES ORANGES
GROWN ON FRUIT TREE Yes Yes
COLOR OF FRUIT Depends on variety Orange
FRUIT SKIN TEXTURE smooth knobby
VISIBLE SEEDS IN FRUIT Yes Depends on variety
MEAN CIRCUMFERENCE OF FRUIT (cm) 25.6 24.4
MEAN DIAMETER OF FRUIT (cm) 7.9 7.6
MEAN WEIGHT OF FRUIT (g) 340 357
CAN BE EATEN Yes Yes
SWEETNESS 2+ 2+
FIBER IN A LARGE FRUIT (g) 4.5 2.4
CAN BE JUICED Yes Yes
CALORIES (per 8 oz. serving juice) 117 112
POTASSIUM (mg, per 8 oz. serving juice) 295 496
VITAMIN C (mg, per 8 oz. serving juice) 103 124
FOLATE (mcg, per 8 oz. serving juice) 0 74

As we can see from this small list, it is quite easy to compare apples and oranges. And they are remarkably similar in many ways. Although they may look and feel very different, the two fruits have a similar size and weight, and their juices have a similar caloric content and levels of vitamin C. However, they differ widely in fiber content of the fruit and in the potassium and folate levels of their juices.

Read more: http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/science/2010/11/comparing-apples-and-oranges/#ixzz2VUBFq4PF 

and with this post Jay wins the thread.

superchunk said:
JayWood2010 said:
superchunk said:

Are you fucking serious?

A website lives on internet and thus its a direct requirement.

A game you buy does not live on the damn interent. It should be required. Two completely different scenarios.

So I assume you do have access to the internet XD High five! XD

I have constant 50Mbps internet that never dies.

But that's besides the point.

Nah, it is my entire point.  You may need internet for 5-60 seconds a day yet you are complaining on something that requires internet completely.

Ive read the OP twice.

Ive read every post in the thread.

Im trying to figure out what the "point" of this thread is. Why? Why is this thread here? What does it aim to achieve and what does it tell us?

Edit -

JayWood2010 said:

Nah, it is my entire point.  You may need internet for 5-60 seconds a day yet you are complaining on something that requires internet completely.

Oh.

Okay

"Some people live in places without reliable internet."

"Why the hell would I want to live there?"

^jist of this thread

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network

I fear I may scare you away from posting again by linking this which is not my intention, as I'd like as many people as possible to be active in the community and I enjoy your passion for contributing.

But you said this a while ago and I find it oddly relevant to the OP in this thread.  Sorry :P

JayWood2010 said:

Actually no. I'm complaining about the policies regarding ownership of your physical media.

I only came here because your premise is flawed.

well...atleast it's better than Avalanche's analogy lol

superchunk said:
JayWood2010 said:

Actually no. I'm complaining about the policies regarding ownership of your physical media.

I only came here because your premise is flawed.

Funny since you proved that you had internet that works for at least a minute a day XD High Five! XD

I've gotta say that this is a peculiarly weak argument

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.