By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I have to log on the internet to access VGC. I hate it

Oh JayWood, you really make it hard for people to get along with you. xD

There are so many points showing how your analogy fails, but I can't be bothered to write them. Besides, other members will probably do that.

Around the Network

No offense but the premise of this topic is really dumb.

1) VGChartz is a free service.
2) VGChartz is not a service that could be realistically offered offline.

Now, if I paid 400 dollars for a machine with the sole purpose of going on VGChartz, paid 60 dollars for "Nintendo Forum 2K13", the message board could function perfectly well without an internet connection (possibly via elf magic), and VGChartz forced me to connect to the internet to view their site for reasons which in no way benefited me... Well, I'd be pretty pissed off.

And their have been plenty of times where I haven't had internet access. After Hurricane Sandy I didn't have internet access for about 3 weeks. For some bizarre reason, I couldn't connect to XBox Live for about two weeks, starting the day Bioshock Infinite came out. If I had got home and found out I couldn't play a game that didn't use the internet at all, I'd be pissed.

Mr Khan said:
I've gotta say that this is a peculiarly weak argument

Awwh :/  I guess the people on these forums have no access to the internet for about a minute a day :(  If only I could get on the internet and complain about not having internet :(

JWeinCom said:
No offense but the premise of this topic is really dumb.

1) VGChartz is a free service.
2) VGChartz is not a service that could be realistically offered offline.

Now, if I paid 400 dollars for a machine with the sole purpose of going on VGChartz, paid 60 dollars for "Nintendo Forum 2K13", the message board could function perfectly well without an internet connection (possibly via elf magic), and VGChartz forced me to connect to the internet to view their site for reasons which in no way benefited me... Well, I'd be pretty pissed off.

And their have been plenty of times where I haven't had internet access. After Hurricane Sandy I didn't have internet access for about 3 weeks. For some bizarre reason, I couldn't connect to XBox Live for about two weeks, starting the day Bioshock Infinite came out. If I had got home and found out I couldn't play a game that didn't use the internet at all, I'd be pissed.

My computer was free XD

But seriosly the Hurrican Sandy thing I get.  Things happen sometimes and it sucks unfortunately.  Not only was people internet out though, but a lot of peoples power, and cellular towers.  I do get that things happen.  But thanks for at least saying something other than what most people are saying with nothing afterwards.

RolStoppable said:

It tells us that JayWood2010 picked the wrong side.

Its so simple, I just didnt notice it.

JayWood2010 said:

Awwh :/  I guess the people on these forums have no access to the internet for about a minute a day :(  If only I could get on the internet and complain about not having internet :(

Does everyone on VGChartz have a broadband connection? Because every Xbox One owner has broadband.

I regularly post on VGChartz using mobile data.

JayWood2010, are you excited for Xbox One right now? Do you want it and do you think its good for the consumer?

Around the Network

This is why I've been bugging you so much to comeback. You bring humor to this site.

Carl2291 said:
RolStoppable said:

It tells us that JayWood2010 picked the wrong side.

Its so simple, I just didnt notice it.

JayWood2010 said:

Does everyone on VGChartz have a broadband connection? Because every Xbox One owner has broadband.

I regularly post on VGChartz using mobile data.

JayWood2010, are you excited for Xbox One right now? Do you want it and do you think its good for the consumer?

Right now Im waiting for games.  Im not going to blindly follow a brand.  What I do know is that accessing the internet for less than a minute a day will effect an extremely low pecentage of users who are complaining about little to none. My guess would be lower than 5% of the people complaining on forums.  One example would be Max. The people who should be complaining are people who are wanting it and has no internet at all and no way to access internet, but that is not what im seeing.  My stance would be completely different if it required connection 24/7 but this isnt the case.  

What is the advantage of being constraint to connect your console once a day to Microsoft's server ?

i might have a problem if i had to login to vgchartz to play my games i paid for.

edit: constantly with no offline mode. since i have a feeling of whats coming. devils advocates always on here.

JayWood2010 said:
Carl2291 said:

Right now Im waiting for games.  Im not going to blindly follow a brand.  What I do know is that accessing the internet for less than a minute a day will effect an extremely low pecentage of users who are complaining about little to none. My guess would be lower than 5% of the people complaining on forums.  One example would be Max. The people who should be complaining are people who are wanting it and has no internet at all and no way to access internet, but that is not what im seeing.  My stance would be completely different if it required connection 24/7 but this isnt the case.  

LOL LOL LOL, you are wrong. First of all I never complained about needing to connect. Get your facts straight. Secondly, I have said it would effect me