By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I have to log on the internet to access VGC. I hate it

I like this thread, its given me some few laughs.

Actually for me the internet connection thing is not the problem. Especially if you only need a short period of time for authentication. I live in a 3rd world country that has lousy internet that constantly pings out but MS did state its not a 24 hrs thing, which I hope remains to be the case but my issue is with paying extra for a game that has already payed for because I'm borrowing or lending is my main concern. This is the practice I do not want the industry to do just because they want extra cash from the 2nd hand market. The online pass to me was a better and a none intrusive choice.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
JayWood2010 said:
Carl2291 said:

Right now Im waiting for games.  Im not going to blindly follow a brand.  What I do know is that accessing the internet for less than a minute a day will effect an extremely low pecentage of users who are complaining about little to none. My guess would be lower than 5% of the people complaining on forums.  One example would be Max. The people who should be complaining are people who are wanting it and has no internet at all and no way to access internet, but that is not what im seeing.  My stance would be completely different if it required connection 24/7 but this isnt the case.  

LOL LOL LOL, you are wrong. First of all I never complained about needing to connect. Get your facts straight. Secondly, I have said it would effect me

I think you read my post wrong.  I wasnt saying you was complaining.  Im saying you are one of the few who has a reason to complain.  Sorry if I made it confusing.

JayWood2010 said:

Right now Im waiting for games.  Im not going to blindly follow a brand.  What I do know is that accessing the internet for less than a minute a day will effect an extremely low pecentage of users who are complaining about little to none. My guess would be lower than 5% of the people complaining on forums.  One example would be Max. The people who should be complaining are people who are wanting it and has no internet at all and no way to access internet, but that is not what im seeing.  My stance would be completely different if it required connection 24/7 but this isnt the case.  

But you are blindly supporting them. Why support this policy that can harm many. What benefits does it provide us, the consumer.

I personally have no issue with people who want to buy it, sure you like their games, and the compromise isn't big to you. So I understand wanting an XBox One. What I don't understand is supporting the awful choices they make. If the PS4, for example, blocked used games I might still buy it, but I sure as hell won't support that policy.

JayWood2010 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Carl2291 said:

LOL LOL LOL, you are wrong. First of all I never complained about needing to connect. Get your facts straight. Secondly, I have said it would effect me

I think you read my post wrong.  I wasnt saying you was complaining.  Im saying you are one of the few who has a reason to complain.  Sorry if I made it confusing.

Okay, I got mad for a second because I thought you were calling me out after I thought we agreed earlier. For the record my issue with xbox1 is the used games. For the most part my internet is stable in Milwaukee.

JayWood2010 said:

Shhhh, JayWood is back for a short period ;)

Listen, I get it guys, you don't like the Xbox One and you hate things about it.  I'm cool with that, but I find it very ironic that the people complaining about Xbox One having to access the internet once every 24 hours are also frequent forum visitors.  I mean apparently it is also rather bs that we need access to the internet to post on this very site.  I can't think of the last time that I have not had access to the internet for 24 hours.  But hey, if you really can't then just don't buy it, but by commenting on an internet site is kind of ironic.

I am not trying to justify the Xbox One for you guys after all it is your own opinion(Don't like it, don't buy it), but I do enjoy the irony although Im sure I will have a few people to say how dumb I am for making this thread.

Did you eat brain beans?

First of all  having internet access is a requirement to browse the web this website belongs to the web and there is NO OTHER WAY to do this thats why it is normal  PLUS this is what is required.

2. Internet is some kind of "service" If I dont want to use it I can still play games on my PC, work with it, listen to my music etc.  If the internet relevant features would require the xbone to be online than that would be okay but making the whole system require an internet connection is like the SimCity bullshit. Its just to control the users.

3. People have PHONES.  Phones (in case you were living under a rock)  are now able to browse the web. Alot of people have internet on their phones  but not at home because not everyone has a computer  and not every xbox owner was using the online service! And beleive it or not a few of those people use this website and wont be able to use the xbone.

Another example would be this.
You have a phone it has a battery in theory it can last 15 hours without being charged BUT to control you and to make more money,  phone manufacturers made a deal with electric utilities  so your phone wont work unless you charge it every 30 minutes.

Its just bullshit and noone needs it. And the argument that "EVERYTHING NEEDS POWER" would be really stupid here...

So next time you come back please don't eat brain beans .....

Around the Network

This is what you are doing.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

JayWood2010 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Carl2291 said:

Okay, I got mad for a second because I thought you were calling me out after I thought we agreed earlier. For the record my issue with xbox1 is the used games. For the most part my internet is stable in Milwaukee.

It's cool lol No worries XD

Yeah I know that is what most people are complaining about and I understand why.  It is a rather big change and it does effect many gamers.  

I save the pages to read offline myself

Ok not really because that would be dumb, but you could

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

JazzB1987 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Listen, I get it guys, you don't like the Xbox One and you hate things about it.  I'm cool with that, but I find it very ironic that the people complaining about Xbox One having to access the internet once every 24 hours are also frequent forum visitors.  I mean apparently it is also rather bs that we need access to the internet to post on this very site.  I can't think of the last time that I have not had access to the internet for 24 hours.  But hey, if you really can't then just don't buy it, but by commenting on an internet site is kind of ironic.

I am not trying to justify the Xbox One for you guys after all it is your own opinion(Don't like it, don't buy it), but I do enjoy the irony although Im sure I will have a few people to say how dumb I am for making this thread.

Did you eat brain beans?

I'm Einstein in disguise mwahahahahaha XD

JayWood2010 said:

Have you posted this on every gaming forum you frequent?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.