By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Why did you not go to see Star Trek Into Darkness?

I just have not gotten around to it as always see films with friends. I plan on seeing it eventually once I find an opening in my schedule.

Around the Network

I loved it seen it twice and will definite get it on blu ray

Baddman said:
saw it and loved it khan was awesome villain also

Lol spoiler alert

Not seen yet 'cause it only releases 12th June in France ...

Because I have absolutely zero interest in going to see Michael Bay-esque "alternate reality" version of Star Trek.

Everything I've heard about both movies tell me it is a steaming pile of rotting aborted fetuses.

I'm good.

P.S. "Nu-Trek" fans, IE kids who have only seen these new movies, but have never seen a single bit of the original series of TNG, are just as bad as "Nu-Who" fans, kids who are obsessed with the (fairly terrible so far) new Doctor Who show, but have never seen a single episode of the original.

Around the Network

Great movie. The story focus is much smaller in this than the first and it never drags. Left me wanting more.

OneHappyGamer:) said:
because the only theatre in town is where my best memories with my ex GF are, and going there again is just to painful. ill watch it when it comes on DVD lol

Go make new memories with another girl while watching star trek at the same place! Seriously..If i avoided every place i have great memories of an ex gf then I would have to emigrate to another country.. >_>

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

saw it last weekend... it is a delicious movie!!!
mr spock and i should explore uranus

I thought it was a pretty much dumbed-down popcorn movie version of Star Trek. Maybe I expected too much or maybe I'm just getting old, but I'll stick to the "old" Star Trek series and movies.

C64 said:
I thought it was a pretty much dumbed-down popcorn movie version of Star Trek. Maybe I expected too much or maybe I'm just getting old, but I'll stick to the "old" Star Trek series and movies.

No, you're not too old. It's the same thing with the modern Bond films, or Sherlock Holmes, or a lot of other remakes/reboots/reimaginings.

Hollywood of the 2000s/2010s is all about big CG effects and explosions and spectacle. Things like James Bond, or Sherlock Holmes, or Star Trek, all of which were originally more about cerebral stories and characters, are now apparenlty more about running, fighting , and explosions. That is why I won't bother with this new "Star Trek". Because it's not Star Trek.

And if this is what JJ Abrams does to Star Trek, I honestly shudder to think what he'll do to Star Wars.