By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What in the hell happened to this place?

Galaki said:
Kyuu said:

just because I indirectly called someone a fanboy.

Proper uses,

Nintendo fanboys

Microsoft fanatics

Sony enthusiasts

That way, you won't get reported.

hahaha, very true for the most part.

Also off topic, but god damn long time no see Galaki. Not sure if you remember me. You use to have a Dragon quest slime as your profile picture, I use to have a beware of dog sign (and this current one) for the longest time.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network
Wright said:
Well, you know. War...war never changes.

Reminds me I still have to buy Fallout on 360... damn!

walsufnir said:
Wright said:
Well, you know. War...war never changes.

Reminds me I still have to buy Fallout on 360... damn!

Try New Vegas =D

The consoles were revealed recently.

ISN'T IT OBVIOUS THAT THIS WOULD HAPPEN!?

Just because us old members are waaay more awesome then those.. new.. ones... doesn't mean you have to rub it in.. they just hate us because of our beauty,,, we can't help it..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

New members would not tolerate NiKKoM's sexual advances.

Galaki said:
New members would not tolerate NiKKoM's sexual advances.

What?! He's giving out sexual advances?! I guess I'm not cool enough to get those :(

War has changed

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

I just find it atrocious how little you can say in this website that apparently won't warrant a ban. On the internet, you have this veil where you can say whatever you want cause you're behind the computer screen but on this site, there are literally things I can say in RL that would have no repercussion in social talk but in here, it's like I called somebody's mom a cunt or something and spat in their mouth. That kind of scenario (if it made sense) should be rare but i see it happen too much and I hate to sound spiteful but I have to use my personal ban examples:

Me: Mildly educated statements pertaining xbox brand. Kinect is dumb. More mildly educated statements pertaining xbox brand.
Mods: Ban. (for not explaining how kinect was dumb)

Are you shitting me? I could have said that to anybody in RL and they would have gone "oh ok, that man is not a fan of the Kinect device." The ban was short and relatively insignificant but it's the principle that stings.

The point is I think people have become really, really sensitive in this site and the mods are the protector of feelings or something. I have more of a gripe against mods and the "rules" than the regulars going back and forth about the xbox one or whatever other inane shit.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Areym said:
I just find it atrocious how little you can say in this website that apparently won't warrant a ban. On the internet, you have this veil where you can say whatever you want cause you're behind the computer screen but on this site, there are literally things I can say in RL that would have no repercussion in social talk but in here, it's like I called somebody's mom a cunt or something and spat in their mouth. That kind of scenario (if it made sense) should be rare but i see it happen too much and I hate to sound spiteful but I have to use my personal ban examples:

Me: Mildly educated statements pertaining xbox brand. Kinect is dumb. More mildly educated statements pertaining xbox brand.
Mods: Ban. (for not explaining how kinect was dumb)

Are you shitting me? I could have said that to anybody in RL and they would have gone "oh ok, that man is not a fan of the Kinect device." The ban was short and relatively insignificant but it's the principle that stings.

The point is I think people have become really, really sensitive in this site and the mods are the protector of feelings or something. I have more of a gripe against mods and the "rules" than the regulars going back and forth about the xbox one or whatever other inane shit.

Completly agree with that first paragraph. It's almost orewellian what you can and cannot say.

On a sidenote while I agree that a ban was a little harsh for that, i can see why it was done. You can't just go in a claim something is stupid without explaining why to someone. Even if it is self evident....

I'll use my own personal opinion as an example.

"I think the possibilities of kinect could have been wonderful, but it failed to live up to expectations and failed as a device to really bring anything useful to the table. It turned out kinda stupid..."