By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What in the hell happened to this place?

if it was just about fun and games, these forums would be nice.
Unfortunately, there´s a lot of people that just want to show "how smart they are" and "how much more they know about x console and how much everyone is ignorant about x console" to the others.
or to express their extremist fanatism for one brand or another.
or to simply build empty discussions.

Yes, i do agree that moderators could be even more strict.

Around the Network

*wades through the river of years* so let me get this straight, you guys are all crying because you never used to get banned for trolling and now you are? Trust me, things are far better than they were when I was here two years ago.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Maybe we should be allowed to mark threads as, Unmoderated, where Mods are banned and anyone entering excepts that they might get there feelings hurt.

War has changed.

It's not about nations, or ideologies.
It's not even about profit, resources, or ethnicity.

It's an endless series of proxy battles,
fought by mercenaries and machines.

War, and its vast consumption of human life,
has become a rational, well-oiled business transaction.

War has changed.

ID-tagged soldiers carry ID-tagged weapons,
use ID-tagged gear.

Nanomachines inside their bodies
enhance and regulate their actions.

Genetic control.. Information control..
Emotion control.. Battlefield control.

Everything is monitored, and kept under control.

War has changed.

The age of deterrence is now the age of control,
averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction.

And he who controls the battlefield, controls history.

War has changed.

When the battlefield is under total control,

war becomes routine.

From MGS4, and man does this sound eerily like gen 8 consoles.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Conegamer said:
I think it is true that older users don't report as much (though I tend to report a fair bit when required), but these faction threads which have opened up have caused the problem in my eyes. Newer users believe they have to be a member of one of said factions, and as such they start attacking each other, making more reports and more bans. That is just how things are.

I expect things to get real bad in the next couple of weeks. Will the mods be able to cope?

Green moderators are more likely to try hard to keep the queue clean. I know i did, early on, and since we got Trucks, Kresnik, and Yo_John on board, there's hardly been enough to go around for the rest of us.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
soulsamurai said:
Galaki said:
New members would not tolerate NiKKoM's sexual advances.

What?! He's giving out sexual advances?! I guess I'm not cool enough to get those :(

You have an Asian avatar so that probably turns him on. On topic... It isn't that I can't take negativism towards Nintendo. I just can't take it time after time from the same user. I start questioning why the fuck the user comes to Nintendo threads in first place if it is always negative. I then realize they are there to spread hate. So I hate them back. "What goes around comes around."

Conegamer said:
pezus said:
Conegamer said:
I think it is true that older users don't report as much (though I tend to report a fair bit when required), but these faction threads which have opened up have caused the problem in my eyes. Newer users believe they have to be a member of one of said factions, and as such they start attacking each other, making more reports and more bans. That is just how things are.

I expect things to get real bad in the next couple of weeks. Will the mods be able to cope?

Actually, that probably isn't true. At least for the Playstation thread. Most of the members there act civilized, especially inside that specific thread. The plus is that it keeps the negative nancies out when discussing playstation

Whilst true for 99% of people, there's still the one percent that makes everyone look bad...

I have no issue with the Vita thread etc., but the actual 'faction' threads seem to cause more harm than good IMO as the information is almost always relayed in other threads.

I have never opened a faction thread. I dont see the point in them. I know it will just annoy me if i do so i just stay away from them. 

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Wright said:
Well, you know. War...war never changes.

pezus said:
Serious_frusting said:
Conegamer said:

Whilst true for 99% of people, there's still the one percent that makes everyone look bad...

I have no issue with the Vita thread etc., but the actual 'faction' threads seem to cause more harm than good IMO as the information is almost always relayed in other threads.

I have never opened a faction thread. I dont see the point in them. I know it will just annoy me if i do so i just stay away from them. 

I know it wouldn't annoy you. We just talk about Playstation in there. News, announcements, other playstation threads etc. If you want to be up-to-date you go there! I have no idea why some people like to give innocent threads like these a bad name.

Oh right, i didnt know that, I just thought it was another one of thoise threads where people are just bashing the competion and nothing more. Might give it a look. Thanks for the heads up.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

KingofTrolls said:
I predict a lot of bans during E3.

Ain't that the truth!  Have a feeling the site will be bare by the time E3 is over.