By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What in the hell happened to this place?

I remember back than you use to always have your fanboy camps, but 2 years later and it's much more rampant? Not only that, but you can get banned for pointing out that someone is using a fallacy of hasteful generalization and false attribution?  

Has everyone gotten so use to getting their hand carried over the years that when someones happens to use a little bit of logic on them and hurts their feelings that they have to run to a moderator like a suckling pig because, "That man told me things I didn't want to hear. Kill him!" The whole thing reminds me of Robert Arryn from A Song of Fire and Ice. A 5 year old still breast feeding and wanting to throw anyone off a cliff because he disagrees with him or hurt his feelings.

I've seen it multiple posts in the past few days of bickering (especially some against VGKing which I admit I have been gone far to long to form an opinion on that matter) over useless squander because people can't seem to hold there head on straight without rupturing and artery. 

I think I'm begining to see why there is kind of a rift between old members and new. At first I thought it was pure jest between the two groups, but unfortunetly I see that it's not.

On a somewhat related note, I will have to keep my mockery away from using a few choice words which now have been banned recently if i wish to stay, but I'm way to stubborn to not call someone out when their callow self forgets to hide there asinity.

EDIT: By the way this is in no way a thread against the mods, but rather the users who frequent.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network

Well, you know. War...war never changes.

I'm sorry.

Wright said:
Well, you know. War...war never changes.

Unfortunatly it has. Everyone became a milkdrinker unable to take some critiscism. I feel like i need to carry a box of tissues strapped to my waist....

The problem is people started getting reported for literally everything. I don't think old users tend to report. It always seems to be newer people who make it their goal to ban people.

See it's not about reporting because they were hurt. Some users purposely feign ignorance and use sarcasm to draw out negative responses, then when that happens they report them. In a way it's about thinning out the enemy camp by getting them banned.

It's stupid but people still do it nonetheless.

Around the Network

I disagree. We need even more mods and stricter rules.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

soulsamurai said:

EDIT: By the way this is in no way a thead against the mods, but rather the users who frequent.

You can't joke much anymore without a banhammer flying your way.

VGC's become cereal business. Not a place for fun and games.

Kyuu said:

Not trying to offend anybody here but the old VGChartz had a more mature environment despite the availability of more freedom of expression. I was surprised when I got one comment moderated here right when I got back, just because I indirectly called someone a fanboy. When you see the context, it's clear he was the aggressor yet I'm the criminal since I didn't choose the words the website favors.

Though the moderator was nice enough to welcome me and explain some of the websites' rather ambiguous rules.

Recently i was the agressor in an issue, however that use to be ok if someone was actually showing some strong bias and you would bring it up in a humorous way. I'll comply to the new rules and thankful it was only a warning, however it kinds...strikes me how things of changed.

The only thing that you really couldn't do was really bash on a console hard or just go in a room clearly made for a specific console and just bash on it to be bashing. I remember after a while everyone had to put down   "In my opinion" In every post about 2 years ago. If it didn't contain that.....you were free game to someone throwing a hissy fit and reporting you. I kinda left shortly after, but I feel it's kinda gotten worse since than.

I predict a lot of bans during E3.

Kyuu said:

just because I indirectly called someone a fanboy.

Proper uses,

Nintendo fanboys

Microsoft fanatics

Sony enthusiasts

That way, you won't get reported.