By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [Staff] The Monthly Ban Report - May (Naughty VGChartz !)

VGKing said:
Barozi said:

We (the mods) even have a dedicated page for the "Hot Users".
(Includes all kinds of moderations, so it may include double or overturned moderations for some users)

*Long list*

I highlighted the already permabanned users. Now do you really think we should also permaban some of our most contributing users such as ethomaz, VGKing, happydolphin, kowenicki, S.T.A.G.E. and man-bear-pig ?

(I didn't mention M.U.G.E.N since the last two moderations were requested)

I'm assuming this includes warnings? Because I know I didn't get banned 7 times.....

Yes with warnings. Everything that appears on your mod history.

Around the Network
VGKing said:
yo_john117 said:

The thing is Vgking, he didn't insult you. Just like you, he is entitled to his own opinion as long as he is repectful and civilized about it.

Good to know. So I can insult other users as long as I am respectful.

You are insulting me by insulting my inteligence with this post, should I report you and expect than you get banned, or should I grow a thicker skin and move on?

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

pezus said:

This also makes me pleased with myself because I've managed to go almost 4 months without a moderation. Considering how much I post, I'd say that's impressive. I don't want to go overboard with the self-praise though, so I won't say that.

21 post a day, very nice. But my last moderation was for being too sexy.............eat that makingmusic.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

VGKing said:

Well I guess the mods have spoken. Here's why I personally don't like you, Carl.

You post your opinion about me, on multiple occassions, which I told you I find insulting. You play the innocent by pretenting that your comments aren't offensive. They are, I've told you I find them offensive and rude. So here's my advice to you. Get over yourself. You're going run into people you don't like all the time. Deal with it. There are a few other users I'm not too fond off in this forum. I usually ignore them when they post a stupid reply I find annoying. Guess I have to add you to my list. Add me to yours. 

I told you why nobody wanted you in Microsoft threads. I told you why people treat you like shit in Microsoft threads. Its not an opinion, its the truth. People just dont give what you say any weight at all because of your history in the Microsoft forum. I cant say the same about the Nintendo forum, because Im not there enough.

Ill tell you again. You post a whole lot more negativity in the Microsoft forum than you do postivity. An example from the other "team" would be kowenicki. He posts a lot more negativity in the Sony forum than he does positivity. He gets the same treatment as you, arguably worse. The difference between you and kowenicki though is that you got caught showing double standards in a 4 page thread, while kowenicki keeps to his word...

If you find the truth insulting, Im sorry. But thats all it is. The truth. The post that started this?

VGKing said:

Personal Attacks. I get attacked for stating my opinion. People are just way too sensitive and way too loyal to some of these companies. I don't agree with what some people think about Sony but that doesn't mean I'm going to say "No one cares what you think Xbox fanboy why are you even posting here?" Of course I'm paraphrasing but that's the general responsive I get almost daily. The environment around here is toxic.

I've even thought about creating a new account just so I can express my opinions very low-key.

This post here. I responded to this post you made blaming the community.

Its really not that hard to understand why you get the treatment you do, it just seems you dont like the response you got. If thats the case, so be it. Take it on the chin. Improve your posting style. Dont let preferences get the better of you. Dont let people wind you up so easily. Dont try bullshit people.

There was a time I got banned or warned for 50% of the posts I made in the Nintendo forum. Why? Because I acted like an arsehole. I was a troll. I called people dicks. I got banned for telling someone he had his dick in a Wii. Now, Im in the Nintendo forum talking to people, playing Nintendo games with people and Im far, far better at Luigi's Mansion 2 than Conegamer (Mainly because I actually show up to games).

Its really not hard to see where the problems are. The hard part is trying to tackle the problem.

See, now this is off topic. Should have been kept to the other thread. If a mod wants us to shut up here, just say.

pezus said:
psrock said

21 post a day, very nice. But my last moderation was for being too sexy.............eat that makingmusic.

In reality it's more than that these past two years or so. I just didn't post much during my first two years, which drags the average down.

You got moderated for the avatar? o.O

He warned me for changing it. True mod power. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

On another, happier note.

tads12 was on a roll in May. So many bans. Squirtle Squad out in force!

Carl2291 said:

VGKing said:

Well I guess the mods have spoken. Here's why I personally don't like you, Carl.

You post your opinion about me, on multiple occassions, which I told you I find insulting. You play the innocent by pretenting that your comments aren't offensive. They are, I've told you I find them offensive and rude. So here's my advice to you. Get over yourself. You're going run into people you don't like all the time. Deal with it. There are a few other users I'm not too fond off in this forum. I usually ignore them when they post a stupid reply I find annoying. Guess I have to add you to my list. Add me to yours. 

I told you why nobody wanted you in Microsoft threads. I told you why people treat you like shit in Microsoft threads. Its not an opinion, its the truth. People just dont give what you say any weight at all because of your history in the Microsoft forum. I cant say the same about the Nintendo forum, because Im not there enough.

Ill tell you again. You post a whole lot more negativity in the Microsoft forum than you do postivity. An example from the other "team" would be kowenicki. He posts a lot more negativity in the Sony forum than he does positivity. He gets the same treatment as you, arguably worse. The difference between you and kowenicki though is that you got caught showing double standards in a 4 page thread, while kowenicki keeps to his word...

If you find the truth insulting, Im sorry. But thats all it is. The truth. The post that started this?

VGKing said:

Personal Attacks. I get attacked for stating my opinion. People are just way too sensitive and way too loyal to some of these companies. I don't agree with what some people think about Sony but that doesn't mean I'm going to say "No one cares what you think Xbox fanboy why are you even posting here?" Of course I'm paraphrasing but that's the general responsive I get almost daily. The environment around here is toxic.

I've even thought about creating a new account just so I can express my opinions very low-key.

Its really not that hard to understand why you get the treatment you do, it just seems you dont like the response you got. If thats the case, so be it. Take it on the chin. Improve your posting style. Dont let preferences get the better of you. Dont let people wind you up so easily. Dont try bullshit people.

There was a time I got banned or warned for 50% of the posts I made in the Nintendo forum. Why? Because I acted like an arsehole. I was a troll. I called people dicks. I got banned for telling someone he had his dick in a Wii. Now, Im in the Nintendo forum talking to people, playing Nintendo games with people and Im far, far better at Luigi's Mansion 2 than Conegamer (Mainly because I actually show up to games).

Its really not hard to see where the problems are. The hard part is trying to tackle the problem.

See, now this is off topic. Should have been kept to the other thread. If a mod wants us to shut up here, just say.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!  I'm sorry, this was an awesome post, but that statement made me lose control of bodily functions.  Thank yuo for that.

ironman said:
VGKing said:
yo_john117 said:

The thing is Vgking, he didn't insult you. Just like you, he is entitled to his own opinion as long as he is repectful and civilized about it.

Good to know. So I can insult other users as long as I am respectful.

You are insulting me by insulting my intelegence with this post, should I report you and expect than you get banned? Or should I grow a thicker skin and move on?

Uh....no one was talking to you so I have no idea what you're talking about. If someone insults me, I'm going to defend myself + report them. I should have to though, there should be rules in place that prevent these kinds of posts.

yo_john117 said:

No, insulting will result in moderation. Saying your opinion in a respectful manner, without trolling or flaming, will not.

Believe it or not, Carl was not insulting you. Just because you got offended with it does not mean that it was insulting. If we moderated people whenever someone else was offended by that person, there would be virtually no-one left on this site.

If you really don't want people to get in long debates where they call you out, then simply reply that they can PM you and leave it at that. You don't have to reply to any of those posts if you don't want to.

Using NeoGaf as an example, here is one of their rules. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390708

"E. No posts should be made regarding your opinion of another user's actions or behavior. You may not discuss the NeoGAF rules and regulations on the forum. Any and all discussions regarding these matters should be discussed by email only."

Why doesn't VgChartz have a rule like this? If you have nothing nice to say, don't say nothing at all. Expressing your opinion over another user is bound to offend him/her no matter how you phrase it and no matter how much truth there may be to it. There' a reason NeoGaf is the most popular gaming forum out there. Rules like this are a big part of it.

Carl2291 said:

I shouldn't get "this treatment" at all. Users shouldn't be allowed to bash other users. I really don't see why I need to improve my posting style. I play by the rules and the stuff you accuse me of needing to improve doesn't need improving. It's really only the really sensitive posters which have a problem with me posting in Microsoft ofrums. You tell me to not let people wind me up so easily? I can say the same to you and everyone else who thinks like you do. I can't count how many times I've received comments such as "Like YOU would even consider buying the next Xbox" This implies you know what's inside my head and what I do and do not like. None of you do. This brings me back to a comment you made earlier about how I only post negativity around Microsoft threads. Don't you think there's a reason for that? It's because I don't like what they're doing or where they are taking the Xbox brand. If you actually payed attention to my posts instead of just brushing them off as "another anti-Microsoft comment by VgKing" you would know this.

@bold
Good for you that you've changed. I'm nothing like that though. For me it really is hard to see the problem here. I express my opinions and some people find them offensive. I don't see why that means I should change my posting style for you, some random stranger. This posting style  has made me much more friends on these forums than it has enemies.