By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [Staff] The Monthly Ban Report - May (Naughty VGChartz !)

ironman said:

Hmm, he gets banned for it regularly, and you say he gets away with it??? There is something wrong with your reasoning here. 

He hasn't been banned for it, at least not since Monthly Ban Reports started being made.

Around the Network

Sad for the requested permaban people.

VGKing said:
ironman said:

Hmm, he gets banned for it regularly, and you say he gets away with it??? There is something wrong with your reasoning here. 

He hasn't been banned for it, at least not since Monthly Ban Reports started being made.

I very, very nearly got banned for insulting spurgeonryan around Dec/Jan.

I also got warned for calling people who got banned for trolling, trolls.

Mods can post my mod history here if they want. Other than that, Ive not insulted a user. Care to post proof?

brendude13 said:
yo_john and Kresnik can see my mod history? :-O

I want to see badgenome's mod history :(

I envy them!

And also, I havent been banned regularly for it.

I havent been banned for 2 Years.

Around the Network
Shinobi-san said:
yo_john117 said:

That's far too extreme. There are a lot of members who change and become more agreeable after they find out what a great place this can be.

For instance; if that's how moderation was taken care of you'd have people like Carl no longer here. And we all love Carl!

I personally think the moderating system we have currently going is the best, and fairest since I've been here.

I guess my example was too extreme.

But something needs to be done about repeat offenders, they just dont take offenses seriously enough, especially posters who have been here for a long time.

And maybe if there was some sort of rule that dealt with users who are repeatingly offending for a consistant period of time, then Carl might not have had such a long ban history.  Loving Carl isnt a good enough reason to not help move the community past the constant fanboy bickering that goes on in almost every thread.

But the thing is, we need to take the most balanced route that we can when moderating people. There is no one moderation fits all; we do things by a case to case basis because there are a plethora of different aspects to consider. There are a lot of people that are great users but can sometimes lose their cool or get offended a bit easy, most moderations that I've seen from my time on this site would fall in that category. From what I've seen, whenever there is a repeat offender who obviously doesn't add much to the site, he is shown the door rather quickly.

spurgeonryan said:
Carl2291 said:
And also, I havent been banned regularly for it.

I havent been banned for 2 Years.

I haven't been banned in about 2 days. We have like, something in common!

The penitant man will pass.

We could make a good Indiana Jones team. Ill be Indie, you be Shortround.

this list is nothing compared to the one that will form during E3.

VGKing said:
yo_john117 said:
Shinobi-san said:
A suggestion to the MOD team:

If people occur on the ban report for 2 months in a row i think you should dish out a more serious warning. If it happens again they should be permanbanned or something like that.

No favour should be given to older more longstanding members.

This way a lot of the trouble makers will be removed from Vgcharts withing 2 months time.

There are obviously users who have seriously loooong ban histories. Why are those guys still around?

That's far too extreme. There are a lot of members who change and become more agreeable after they find out what a great place this can be.

For instance; if that's how moderation was taken care of you'd have people like Carl no longer here. And we all love Carl!

I personally think the moderating system we have currently going is the best, and fairest since I've been here.

Is that why you let him get away with insulting other users?

The thing is Vgking, he didn't insult you. Just like you, he is entitled to his own opinion as long as he is repectful and civilized about it.

Ethomaz and Kowen were banned twice ?

How can that happen ?