By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [Staff] The Monthly Ban Report - May (Naughty VGChartz !)

sethnintendo said:

I can't lie that I'm happy the hate has shifted to MS.  I was getting sick of all the Nintendo bashing.  Sorry you have to suffer Microsoft fans but Nintendo fans have endured enough.

It's a joke, either way. We shouldn't be bashed over the heads again and again because of our preferences. It's true from my experience that Sony does have a larger online following and it really shows. The Vita hasn't got it as bad as the WiiU nor X1....  The X1 isn't even out yet and the U hasn't been on the market long at all. This E3 will be kind to of both of us I hope.

Around the Network

VGKing, why did show double standards. Explain yourself.

JayWood2010 said:
Please dont ban me but am I the only one happy that Mazty is permabanned?

Certainly not

I´m still curious about Tachikomas sudden meltdown, she was alyways very vocal in her anti-Nintendo stance, did she gat laid off by Nintendo ? (After her implication that we should find her name in the credits for Winder Waker HD ??? )

walsufnir said:
Barozi said:

Sega4Life is not a mod anymore :(
We're not quite as harsh as good old sega

Why isn't he anymore? Btw, he was the first one who moderated me (because of sig-length). Still happy I only have 3 and these are really minor.

Busy working and Family, was a mutual agreement that I take a break until I get a better job with better hours, or sell my family....

Also reported your sig just a few minutes ago, as well as 80% of the people in here, shits and giggles.... not joking either ;)

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network
VGKing said:

I shouldn't get "this treatment" at all. Users shouldn't be allowed to bash other users. I really don't see why I need to improve my posting style. I play by the rules and the stuff you accuse me of needing to improve doesn't need improving. It's really only the really sensitive posters which have a problem with me posting in Microsoft ofrums. You tell me to not let people wind me up so easily? I can say the same to you and everyone else who thinks like you do. I can't count how many times I've received comments such as "Like YOU would even consider buying the next Xbox" This implies you know what's inside my head and what I do and do not like. None of you do. This brings me back to a comment you made earlier about how I only post negativity around Microsoft threads. Don't you think there's a reason for that? It's because I don't like what they're doing or where they are taking the Xbox brand. If you actually payed attention to my posts instead of just brushing them off as "another anti-Microsoft comment by VgKing" you would know this.

@bold
Good for you that you've changed. I'm nothing like that though. For me it really is hard to see the problem here. I express my opinions and some people find them offensive. I don't see why that means I should change my posting style for you, some random stranger. This posting style  has made me much more friends on these forums than it has enemies. 

Users also shouldnt have to go into threads and see the same people talking the same shit negativity over and over again. Both sides are as bad as eachother, all Im doing is telling you why it happens to you specifically (And a few others from all sides). Theyre not giving you shit because you prefer PlayStation. I dont get shit in any thread because I prefer PlayStation, like I said, I play games with Nintendo fans and I have more Gamerscore than Xbox fans. They give you shit because of how you behave, or have behaved in the last few Months.

You obviously dont play by the rules, as you have had 7 moderations in 3 Months. Your post style quite clearly does need improving. Trust me. I know. Ive been there before. I improved.

I didnt say you only post negativity. In the other thread I told you that. I even pointed out a couple of positive comments.

Do you understand why you get the treatment you do now, in Microsoft threads? I know youre reading what Im writing to you, but are you understanding?

VGKing said:

Using NeoGaf as an example, here is one of their rules. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390708

"E. No posts should be made regarding your opinion of another user's actions or behavior. You may not discuss the NeoGAF rules and regulations on the forum. Any and all discussions regarding these matters should be discussed by email only."

Why doesn't VgChartz have a rule like this? If you have nothing nice to say, don't say nothing at all. Expressing your opinion over another user is bound to offend him/her no matter how you phrase it and no matter how much truth there may be to it. There' a reason NeoGaf is the most popular gaming forum out there. Rules like this are a big part of it.

It always makes me laugh when people want NeoGAF-like rules on VGChartz. The best rule on NeoGAF? The rule where you get banned for quoting VGChartz numbers. That rule is quite funny. We should have that rule here too.

Jay520 said:
VGKing, why did show double standards. Explain yourself.

This thread and this thread. This post also explains pretty much everything.

You can read through and all questions will be answered.

sega4life said:
walsufnir said:
Barozi said:

Sega4Life is not a mod anymore :(
We're not quite as harsh as good old sega

Why isn't he anymore? Btw, he was the first one who moderated me (because of sig-length). Still happy I only have 3 and these are really minor.

Also reported your sig just a few minutes ago, as well as 80% of the people in here, shits and giggles.... not joking either ;)

Can't touch this.

Wow this is one long list. Still don't understand I was banned on that "describe xboxone in 3 words" post.

Carl2291 said:
VGKing said:

I shouldn't get "this treatment" at all. Users shouldn't be allowed to bash other users. I really don't see why I need to improve my posting style. I play by the rules and the stuff you accuse me of needing to improve doesn't need improving. It's really only the really sensitive posters which have a problem with me posting in Microsoft ofrums. You tell me to not let people wind me up so easily? I can say the same to you and everyone else who thinks like you do. I can't count how many times I've received comments such as "Like YOU would even consider buying the next Xbox" This implies you know what's inside my head and what I do and do not like. None of you do. This brings me back to a comment you made earlier about how I only post negativity around Microsoft threads. Don't you think there's a reason for that? It's because I don't like what they're doing or where they are taking the Xbox brand. If you actually payed attention to my posts instead of just brushing them off as "another anti-Microsoft comment by VgKing" you would know this.

@bold
Good for you that you've changed. I'm nothing like that though. For me it really is hard to see the problem here. I express my opinions and some people find them offensive. I don't see why that means I should change my posting style for you, some random stranger. This posting style  has made me much more friends on these forums than it has enemies. 

Users also shouldnt have to go into threads and see the same people talking the same shit negativity over and over again. Both sides are as bad as eachother, all Im doing is telling you why it happens to you specifically (And a few others from all sides). Theyre not giving you shit because you prefer PlayStation. I dont get shit in any thread because I prefer PlayStation, like I said, I play games with Nintendo fans and I have more Gamerscore than Xbox fans. They give you shit because of how you behave, or have behaved in the last few Months.

You obviously dont play by the rules, as you have had 7 moderations in 3 Months. Your post style quite clearly does need improving. Trust me. I know. Ive been there before. I improved.

I didnt say you only post negativity. In the other thread I told you that. I even pointed out a couple of positive comments.

Do you understand why you get the treatment you do now, in Microsoft threads? I know youre reading what Im writing to you, but are you understanding?

VGKing said:

Using NeoGaf as an example, here is one of their rules. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390708

"E. No posts should be made regarding your opinion of another user's actions or behavior. You may not discuss the NeoGAF rules and regulations on the forum. Any and all discussions regarding these matters should be discussed by email only."

Why doesn't VgChartz have a rule like this? If you have nothing nice to say, don't say nothing at all. Expressing your opinion over another user is bound to offend him/her no matter how you phrase it and no matter how much truth there may be to it. There' a reason NeoGaf is the most popular gaming forum out there. Rules like this are a big part of it.

It always makes me laugh when people want NeoGAF-like rules on VGChartz. The best rule on NeoGAF? The rule where you get banned for quoting VGChartz numbers. That rule is quite funny. We should have that rule here too.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5390782

I got shit for arguing based on VGChartz numbers...yesterday.