By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [Staff] The Monthly Ban Report - May (Naughty VGChartz !)

VGKing said:
Wright said:
The worst part is that he's in favor that this kind of thing - talking about someone's (VGKing) persona - should be against the rules of VGChartz.

It should be against the rules. If a known Nintendo fanboy pretends to be interested in the PS4, LET HIM. IGNORE HIM. Don't laugh at him, call him names or tell him to go to his corner of the forum.

But that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that the user does, with a regular basis, statements that don't infringe the rules but annoy people intentionally, that should be object of opinion and critisizism. The model you propose of "No opinion about other users" neglect that, and that's unfair to everyone, as it protect the criminal, or as you say, the Bully.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Wright said:

The worst part is that he's in favor that this kind of thing - talking about someone's (VGKing) persona - should be against the rules of VGChartz.

I don't consider that a bad thing, because it's at least logically consistent. Of course he would like an environment that improves things for him.

The problem with that sort of rule (and the reason why it's not going to be implemented on VGC) is that it mainly protects the bad users, rather than the good ones. The rule has more drawbacks than positives.

Sorry but you're wrong. For example, this rule would have this thread 10-pages smaller. These are real issues on this site and they need to be addressed, in some way. Taking it on a case-by-base basis is almost impossible since mods can't look at the history of interactions between 2 users. Mods will easily dismiss these issues as Vgking taking things too personally or being easily insulted. When you've had dozens of these kidn of comments agaisnt you, its kinda hard not to be offended or at the very least, pissed off.

VGKing said:

It should be against the rules. If a known Nintendo fanboy pretends to be interested in the PS4, LET HIM. IGNORE HIM. Don't laugh at him, call him names or tell him to go to his corner of the forum.

Details. I'm interested.

Wright said:
VGKing said:
Wright said:

But that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that the user does, with a regular basis, statements that don't infringe the rules but annoy people intentionally, that should be object of opinion and critisizism. The model you propose of "No opinion about other users" neglect that, and that's unfair to everyone, as it protect the criminal, or as you say, the Bully.

But that's just a matter of opinion. Someone who sees an anti-MS comment from VgKing might be annoyed, someone else might agree with him completely. Whether someone is there to annoy others can't be proven. I myself can say that I am only here to post my opinions about the industry. So no you shouldn't talk about how much Vgking annoys you or how he appears in all MS threads with his negativity. This will only provoke Vgking and lead to derailed threads.

You see when you are criticizing Vgking, you are the bully. Vgking doesn't know anything about you and he doesn't care what you think about him. He shouldn't have to hear it. If Vgking is really a nuisance to Vgchartz, it would be up to the mods to hand out bans and warnings to get Vgking to change his behavior. If he doesn't then hopefully one day Vgking gets permabanned. I don't think we're there yet though, as much as you may hate Vgking he doesn't deserve a permaban. He has the right to express his opinion in any section of this forum.

pezus said:

Ya'll need some relax medicine, man

I'd prescribe some, but then again, I'm not a professional.

*runs away crying*

Around the Network
Seece said:

I think it's pretty unprofessional when a mod puts their own opinion forward so much.

"We will no longer be requiring your participation on gamrConnect. Goodbye, and don't let the door hit you on your way out. ^_^) ~"

This for instance, don't disagree with the ban per say but is there any need for the last comment? Makes him seem very unprofessional! Just my opinion :P

Which MOD wrote that?

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

brendude13 said:
VGKing said:

Details. I'm interested.

Yeah, I wasn't aware yet I only pretended to be interested in a PS4 . Thank god someone told me before I bought one for Final Fantasy XV :P

Carl2291 said:
VGKing said:

Are you calling me a dick? Tell me how you really feel. The difference here is that I'm not a "dick". Really. If mods want to know why I find your posts against me offensive, this is it. You just implied that I'm a dick. This isn't in my head, this isn't be being easily offended. You are being passive aggressive and constantly criticizing me. Just don't. Ignore my comments. Report them when you think I'm trolling and be done with it. Stop whining about how you don't like my behavior or posting style. It's not up to you to call me out on it. 

@bold
That's a drive-by and clear trolling. You really think that's what I do? I guess I'm lucky I only have 7 moderations the past 3 months.

No Im not. Im saying I acted like a dick and Im not ashamed to admit it. You said I wouldnt be happy if people brought up my old posts, I told you I acted like a dick and people are free to go do it.

I called myself a dick and you somehow find it insulting.

Youre not called Joe Bloggs, who is the example Im using of a general, random user who is posting a comment that needs criticising. Notice how I didnt give Joe a preference of console or company. He is just random old Joe Bloggs.

I

I just...

I give in.

I am a dick.

You said how you can admit that you were a dick, implying that I can not, implying that I am a "dick". 
Of course you would never say it directly as it would get you banned. So you resort to this passive aggressive style  of insulting me, without really doing it. It's genious really. You have this way of offending me without actually breaking any of the rules of this site. Its hard to describe but all I really know is that you should just stop talking about me. Period.

KHlover said:
brendude13 said:
VGKing said:

Details. I'm interested.

Yeah, I wasn't aware yet I only pretended to be interested in a PS4 . Thank god someone told me before I bought one for Final Fantasy XV :P

Are you sure that was aimed at you?

...and Kingdom Hearts 3.

brendude13 said:
VGKing said:

Details. I'm interested.

Not talking about anyone in particular. Just made this person up.....or did I? :D