By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [Staff] The Monthly Ban Report - May (Naughty VGChartz !)

RolStoppable said:
sethnintendo said:
VGKing said:

This has nothing to do with free speech. It has to do with keepin threads on topic, preventing unnecessary bans and preventing feuds.
You don't see the bully playing nice with the bullied. It doesn't work that way. Someone needs to stand up to that bully. That someone needs to be the mods. 

In real like some people get critized for being gay, being stupid, being nerdy or even being fat. Here on VgChartz we get criticized for our preferences. Here's what I think: People need to criticise comments, not the user making them.

Funny because most Nintendo fans on this site probably consider you an internet bully.

I don't think so. VGKing is lacking in the ability to construct a solid argument in the first place and also lacks the ability to talk himself out of a hole that he dug for himself. He comes into Nintendo threads, makes blanket statements, gets called out, backpedals, gets called out again, backpedals further and it ends once he decides to leave the thread. VGKing isn't a dangerous individual at all. The Xbox fanbase complains about his negativity, the Nintendo fanbase plays with him.

Care to give some examples? I really have no idea what you're talking about.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
VGKing said:
Jay520 said:
VGKing, why did show double standards. Explain yourself.

Carl went to an old post I made. Months old. Now, like all human beings, I am susceptible to have changing opinions and preferences over time. A good example is PS Move, I thought it would be the best things ever and kill the Wiimote. Then I tried it myself, its collecitng dust. My opinion has changed. I am human. 
After Carl dug up my old post, I decided I didn't like getting stalked and critiziced so I edited that old comment and made it blank & I made my profile viewable by friends only. 

I'm sure Carl wouldn't like people bringing up his old posts for everyone to see. So if anyone has double standards here, its probably Carl.

You forgot the part where you pretended the post was blank all along:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5314282

I didn't like someone digging up a months old post of mine. Sue me. That was my way of letting Carl know I made my profile private. 

if you noticed in that post I made a little smiley face. I was playing with him. Tha t fact that he had to go back through dozens of my comments or that he even remembed an old comment of mine, says a lot. I felt like I was being stalked. I felt violated.

VGKing said:

Are you calling me a dick? Tell me how you really feel. The difference here is that I'm not a "dick". Really. If mods want to know why I find your posts against me offensive, this is it. You just implied that I'm a dick. This isn't in my head, this isn't be being easily offended. You are being passive aggressive and constantly criticizing me. Just don't. Ignore my comments. Report them when you think I'm trolling and be done with it. Stop whining about how you don't like my behavior or posting style. It's not up to you to call me out on it. 

@bold
That's a drive-by and clear trolling. You really think that's what I do? I guess I'm lucky I only have 7 moderations the past 3 months.

No Im not. Im saying I acted like a dick and Im not ashamed to admit it. You said I wouldnt be happy if people brought up my old posts, I told you I acted like a dick and people are free to go do it.

I called myself a dick and you somehow find it insulting.

Youre not called Joe Bloggs, who is the example Im using of a general, random user who is posting a comment that needs criticising. Notice how I didnt give Joe a preference of console or company. He is just random old Joe Bloggs.

I

I just...

I give in.

I am a dick.

Can I report myself for calling myself a dick?

I find me offensive.

this post was moderated by axumblade

AndrewWK said:

Yeah I have noticed that, especailly if the companies are called EA or any EA studio. I mean This is kinda sad and frustrating.

No. EA has just received more hate recently for obvious reasons. If another company wants to do what EA is doing, I'm sure many people would hate that company too.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

I am a dick.

axumblade said:
Okay guys, this thread is getting a little too heated. You all need to take it down a notch.

Its sunday, nothing is going on here. Let us have some fun :(

Continue boys...

axumblade said:
Okay guys, this thread is getting a little too heated. You all need to take it down a notch.

Ma' hero =D

Wright said:

No.

So you say that the mods have the ultimate power. Can't I criticize their actions? They have free will to ultimately do whatever they want with the users?

If we couldn't criticize mods, we wouldn't even been having this conversation. The same rule can ble applied to users.

It's not a matter of bullying. Some behaviours are subject of opinion, whether that user want to accept it or not. You accept people based upon whom they are, they way of thinking, not their actions. A close friend can do things you can't understand or don't agree with, but you would still accept him because you've previously connected to the person. Of course, actions tend to be a manifestation of his persona, but this is not always the case.

Formulate an opinion about a person is imprescindible. It's free speech what we're talking about. Crossing the line between opinion and bully is where the banneable thing start, but not before.

I think mods should be treated just like every other user. You should still be able to question your moderations even if this rule I brought up should be implemented.

No, its not bullying. But it is similar in the way that it provokes other users.
@bold
Yeah and some people believe they know this other person and how they think when they really don't. You see most of us on this forum are strangers so we don't know who they are or their way of thinking.

The best example I can make of this is when someone is set on thinking that an Xbox One isn't even being considered by me. They would be wrong.

Wright said:
The worst part is that he's in favor that this kind of thing - talking about someone's (VGKing) persona - should be against the rules of VGChartz.

It should be against the rules. If a known Nintendo fanboy pretends to be interested in the PS4, LET HIM. IGNORE HIM. Don't laugh at him, call him names or tell him to go to his corner of the forum.

RolStoppable said:
VGKing said:
RolStoppable said:

I don't think so. VGKing is lacking in the ability to construct a solid argument in the first place and also lacks the ability to talk himself out of a hole that he dug for himself. He comes into Nintendo threads, makes blanket statements, gets called out, backpedals, gets called out again, backpedals further and it ends once he decides to leave the thread. VGKing isn't a dangerous individual at all. The Xbox fanbase complains about his negativity, the Nintendo fanbase plays with him.

Care to give some examples? I really have no idea what you're talking about.

Do you feel that the Nintendo fanbase at large complains about your constant negativity towards Nintendo?

First of all, I don't have constant negativity towards Nintendo. You see what you want to see You only see the negative posts I make because they're obviously more entertaning than the positive ones. Second of all, no. I really don't have any issue with any Nintendo fans on this forum save for that one user a few pages back to told me to stay in the Sony section.