By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3rd time is a charm- Do you think Nintendo will finally shine at E3 this year?

I don't think it will be bad.

But I don't expect it to be mind-blowingly awesome either.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
They couldn't possibly screw this one up. 3D Mario, SSBB, X, MKWiiU, Pokemon, TWO Zeldas...etc...etc. It's just impossible!!

never doubt of Nintendo lol

Click HERE and be happy 

Hmm, with a lineup like 3D Mario, MK8, Smash, Wind Waker HD and probably Bayonetta2, I have a hard time not seeing Nintendo having a bad E3. With this, all they need is a surprise reveal (Retro's game).

The only way they could disapoint is if they don't show nearly enough of those new games. Like for example in the 1hour presentation they talk 40min of Pikmin3, Wonderfull101, WiifitU and Mario Luigi Dream Team, and the remaining 20min with teasers ala Bayonetta2 reveal, screenshots ala Wind WakerHD reveal or simple logos for all the games I mentioned above.

The other way I can see this to disapoint, is if their is a total lack of surprise. If what they officialy announced to be at E3 (3DMario, MK8 and Smash) is litteraly the only games we will see for the first time. If no Bayonetta2 or Wind Waker HD footages it will be a big disapointment, but even if they do have footages of these 2 (+X would be nice), they still need a surprise reveal. And by that, I really mean Retro Studio's game. We need to learn of a new game coming, we know MK8/smash/3D Mario, despite not officialy knowing their title we still know they are on their way, but if they would announce a Metroid,F-zero or Star Fox that would be something new.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

just more info on games that were already announced at their previous nintendo directs. nothing bad, it will be good but not phenomenal

There are rumors from legit sources that say that Pokemon X & Y might make it to the Wii U as well. Or maybe an original Pokemon console game is in developement. Pokemon Stadium 3???

Around the Network

Every year I try to keep my expectations realistic, especially now considering how they messed up last year's conference. But damn it, I'm excited for this years conference/Nintendo Direct. They can't possibly mess it up with all the games they have to show.

I don't know, for the last couple of e3's I felt Nintendo's presentations weren't that bad. Better than Sony/MS anyway. At least they were game focused, that F'ing weird vitality sensor aside. I just hope they have more of a WiiU focus than a 3DS one.

VGhippy said:
I don't know, for the last couple of e3's I felt Nintendo's presentations weren't that bad. Better than Sony/MS anyway. At least they were game focused, that F'ing weird vitality sensor aside. I just hope they have more of a WiiU focus than a 3DS one.

They honestly haven't had a "BAD" presentation since 2008. That was, admittedly, terrible. Too much focus (with a horrible showing by that lady) of Wii Sports Resort. No real news on many franchises people really cared about (beyond, I think, MAYBE a reveal of Golden Sun 3, and Animal Crossing Wii). It was just a low moment. Which is why they corrected that in 2009 by coming out with "GAMES GAMES GAMES GAMES". And it hasn't been too different since then.

It really is up to Nintendo who they are looking to impress. I don't think they ever really screw up as bad as people make them out to. Just because they didn't appeal to the hardcore, doesn't mean they screwed up their press conference. If they want to appeal to you, they will grab your attention with vice grips and won't let go for the whole conference. Nintendo is without a doubt in my mind the best company for press conferences, its just a matter of who they are targeting.

i'm not sure nintendo can beat microsoft considering their showing of 7 new ips. Unless those games all suck.