By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3rd time is a charm- Do you think Nintendo will finally shine at E3 this year?

CarcharodonKraz said:
i'm not sure nintendo can beat microsoft considering their showing of 7 new ips. Unless those games all suck.

Naw, Nintendo's won. While Microsoft/Sony will be showing games, Nintendo will be letting us play them. Besides, new IP doesn't instantly mean it's good game, and you don't have to have new IPs to make fun new gameplay mechanics.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
CarcharodonKraz said:
i'm not sure nintendo can beat microsoft considering their showing of 7 new ips. Unless those games all suck.

Naw, Nintendo's won. While Microsoft/Sony will be showing games, Nintendo will be letting us play them. Besides, new IP doesn't instantly mean it's good game, and you don't have to have new IPs to make fun new gameplay mechanics.

while that's 100% true, it bums me out a little to how few of those games new mechanics   i'll really be interested in.  Mini game marathons aren't usually my thing, warios cool from time to time, and i haven't been able to get into one 3d mario.  New stories, new characters, new atmospheres; that's really exciting to me. Also, i don't do handheld gaming, so half the NDE3's are already only informational to me.  I've been wanting some new ip's from nintendo for a while, it's ironic microsoft ends up delivering.  Since the wii-u's release i pretty sure there are only 2 games i would buy; RE revelations and New Super Luigi U (sort of not released yet i know). I guess MAYB E zombiU.   Need 4 worthwhile games a year.  That's 2 this year, sonic might be the 3rd.  Pikmin will be the fourth.  Gotta have 4, but more than 4 options is obviously ideal.  Think i may have rambled.  My bad.  Bottom line is, i don't think the nintendo console universe has seen enough growth over the last couple generations.  They could even do a bit better ressurecting older titles.  Ooooh, a new, more zelda level of seriousness kid icarus would be awesome.  Hope that happens.  Alright i'm out. 

CarcharodonKraz said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
CarcharodonKraz said:

while that's 100% true, it bums me out a little to how few of those games new mechanics   i'll really be interested in.  Mini game marathons aren't usually my thing, warios cool from time to time, and i haven't been able to get into one 3d mario.  New stories, new characters, new atmospheres; that's really exciting to me. Also, i don't do handheld gaming, so half the NDE3's are already only informational to me.  I've been wanting some new ip's from nintendo for a while, it's ironic microsoft ends up delivering.  Since the wii-u's release i pretty sure there are only 2 games i would buy; RE revelations and New Super Luigi U (sort of not released yet i know). I guess MAYB E zombiU.   Need 4 worthwhile games a year.  That's 2 this year, sonic might be the 3rd.  Pikmin will be the fourth.  Gotta have 4, but more than 4 options is obviously ideal.  Think i may have rambled.  My bad.  Bottom line is, i don't think the nintendo console universe has seen enough growth over the last couple generations.  They could even do a bit better ressurecting older titles.  Ooooh, a new, more zelda level of seriousness kid icarus would be awesome.  Hope that happens.  Alright i'm out. 

Well you know what they say, even the best of things can't please everyone. Thankfully you have options in this case. Microsoft and Sony especially generally have new IPs regulary, so perhaps it would be a good idea for you to invest in their systems along with/instead of the Wii U. I personally will be going 3DS-PS4-Wii U, so I'll be able to get a good dose of both familar and new franchises. In general, just lot's of great games hehe. Btw, I believe Iwata said he would have a new IP, and Retro Studio's could be making a new IP aswell. Also, they gave solid reasonings as to why they don't make new IPs very often, being that they think up the gameplay first then try to attach one of their existing franchises to it. Only when none of them fit the gameplay is a new IP made, ex: Pikmin, Animal Crossing. Helps to bolster sales.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Well you know what they say, even the best of things can't please everyone. Thankfully you have options in this case. Microsoft and Sony especially generally have new IPs regulary, so perhaps it would be a good idea for you to invest in their systems along with/instead of the Wii U. I personally will be going 3DS-PS4-Wii U, so I'll be able to get a good dose of both familar and new franchises. In general, just lot's of great games hehe. Btw, I believe Iwata said he would have a new IP, and Retro Studio's could be making a new IP aswell. Also, they gave solid reasonings as to why they don't make new IPs very often, being that they think up the gameplay first then try to attach one of their existing franchises to it. Only when none of them fit the gameplay is a new IP made, ex: Pikmin, Animal Crossing. Helps to bolster sales.

Always do.  Usually playstation.  Just bringing it up in response to your opinion on nintendo winning e3. I always start off with a nintendo system, then get a second system.  I haven't decided yet.  I'm guessing i'll go wii-u-ps4, but we'll see.

I believe he explained it at an e3.... a few e3's after he mocked other publishers for releasing too many sequels.  Sometimes i feel like he's creating a double standard, but he makes good points in both e3s.