By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3rd time is a charm- Do you think Nintendo will finally shine at E3 this year?

spurgeonryan said:
KHlover said:
I certainly hope so. I've already started to save up money for the holidays, I'm not sure if the 600€ I plan to spend on Nintendo games until christmas will be enough, though :P

that is like a thousand dollars american!

I ...hope that is enough. Lol.

Do you already own a Wii U, or is that just for games?

Just for the games.

Mario Kart U - 60€
Pikmin3 - 60€
Wonderful101 - 60€
Bayonetta 2 - 60€
3D Mario - 60€
Sonic: Lost World - 60€
Assassins Creed IV - 60€
Watch Dogs - 60€
--------------------------
480€ for the WiiU games alone, I maybe even forgot some

Pokemon Y - 40€
Bravely Default - 40€
Mario and Luigi: Dream Team - 40€
Fire Emblem: Awakening - 40€ (Won't count that, I hope someone will buy me this as a birthday gift :P)
Animal Crossing - 40€
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies - 40€
Super Mario 3D Land (Haven't bought it yet, plan to do it on Christmas) - 40€
Luigi's Mansion (also a title I didn't buy yet) - 40€
----------------------------------------
280€ for 3DS games, again it is possible I forgot some...

Around the Network

Wait, isn't Nintendo automatically out of the E3 race? No major conference like Sony and MS......unless we are grouping their Nintendo direct with MS and Sony conference now?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

If Nintendo has been saving everything up for E3 (despite what they've suggested) then it would be an exciting three-way showdown. They're definitely going to need a LOT of content if they want to attract attention during this particular conference. I hope they reveal the Power Muffin Relay System.

I don't think they can afford to have any major games delayed past the holiday season, though. They'd better to be working their little elf employees non-stop.

sales2099 said:
Wait, isn't Nintendo automatically out of the E3 race? No major conference like Sony and MS......unless we are grouping their Nintendo direct with MS and Sony conference now?

99,999% of the people only will see a stream either way. If the stream comes from a stage on the E3 or a studio somewhere in Japan (?) is irrelevant (more time to polish for Nintendo, though) for the people watching the stream. The info will get covered either way.

Nintendo's already won E3 in my book. They've got an unbelievably massive ammount of games to show off, including most of their ace franchises, and allowing the general public to play some of those games is equally huge.

Around the Network

They would have to really fuck up not to considering all the software they have to show.

Nintendo will come with guns blazing on WiiU, I'm pretty sure a lot of their U content has been kept a secret until now, they will make a massive relaunch come christmas and 2014. I expect t osee games like Smash, 3D Mario and Zelda at this year's e3.

The only thing that could really mess this up seriously for Nintendo is if Retro's project is Steel Diver 2...
At least I hope that's the only thing that could go wrong...
It certainly seems like a lot could or should go right...

Have a nice day...

I've never been more crushed than I was last year, so I lack the ability to get my hopes up too high. I mean, I had a list of things that I thought were literally necessary--absolute GIVENS--and pretty much none of them happened. Nintendo's proven that even when they basically HAVE to do something, there's a good chance that they just won't.

Ohhh, but I can hope. My fingers are painfully crossed...

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

It HAS to be good......it has to be....or they will get punished by seeing their Wii U sales every week.