By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Fun Fact: Assassins Creed (Combined) tracking above SMG

Mnementh said:
Faxanadu said:

After 11 weeks respectively, Assassins Creed for PS360 is tracking slightly over SMG. 5.3 million (AC) vs 5.15 million (SMG).

IMHO quite interesting. will it continue? I personally doubt it.

PS3 and XBox360 together have more sold units, than Wii alone (25m vs. 20m). The game sales follow the same pattern as their platform. No big surprise.

are you actually being serious? then why, tell me, are other games having different sales pattern?  

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

AC did not deserve to sell 5 million+. SMG did. As for the future, I think SMG will have far better legs.

Faxanadu said:
Mnementh said:
Faxanadu said:

After 11 weeks respectively, Assassins Creed for PS360 is tracking slightly over SMG. 5.3 million (AC) vs 5.15 million (SMG).

PS3 and XBox360 together have more sold units, than Wii alone (25m vs. 20m). The game sales follow the same pattern as their platform. No big surprise.

are you actually being serious? then why, tell me, are other games having different sales pattern?

SMG and AC are both high profile games for their respective platform. They will account for X% of sales of their platform. As PS360 has a slightly higher userbase as the Wii has alone, it makes sense that AC has slightly better sales. If Wii outperforms the other two consoles in the future as it does now, SMG will have the better legs and sometime in the future overtake the sales of AC. That comparison based on userbase works, because both are games of comparable quality. If you would compare Puzzle Quest Wii with AC, that would be an unfair comparison. But SMG and AC seems fair, and because they play in the same league the userbase of their respective platforms is important.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Faxanadu said:

I doubt it will continue as well but Assassin's Creed's performance thus far has been exceptional. Its good to see new IPs doing so well.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 
Squall_Leonhart said:
I agree with the "yamg"...

AC is much more deserving of having higher sales than SMG IMO

Yeah, a rushed full of glitches game certainly deserves higher sales than a game that's literally a work of art.

Around the Network

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Squall_Leonhart said:

Ugh, are you guys serious? Assassin's Creed? Did you play the same game I did? Have you ever played Super Mario Galaxy? Jesus, man, Assassin's Creed was slightly above average, while SMG was the GotY last year.

I can't disprove your opinion, however, I can tell you this.

Your opinion is in the VAST minority, when it comes to Assassin's Creed vs SMG.

Didn't you notice? Sony fanboys on VGC have been parroting the same thing regarding SMG for the past few weeks, in that [insert PS3 game] is better than Galaxy and deserves to sell more. Last weekit was "rachete is bettr than galaxies!!1", this week it's Assassin's Creed. Next week will probably be Uncharted. Since they have such a limited pool to pull from, they'll probably just start over.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

AC seems to be a perfect fit for a HD console. I doubt it will have legs like SMG, but with the upcoming PC version it will even sell more than just 5 mil copies. Maybe I will try out the PC version, Wii and PC ist not a bad combination.

Smidlee said:
starcraft said:
I doubt it as well. But you have to remember that not only was AC created on a platform that is much more costly to develop for, but it needed to be ported to the PS3. All in all, given SMG will keep selling like hotcakes for a year or two, it will be FAR more profitable than AC.

How much did AC cost compared to SMG?

For an example someone had noted about the development of Revolution stated that many assumed automaticaly that Wii is cheaper to develop for than PS3 (that is develop the game for 360 to wii) but this isn't always the case when you have to crunch everything to run on less ram.

I'm not saying the most of the time Wii games are not cheaper to developed for but there could be cases when it's not. 

I'm not arguing what that "someone" said, but doesn't 360 and PS3 have more RAM for that simple reason that their games require it more? I mean, if we count the combined RAM on each platform, Wii has 88MB, PS360 512MB each, which means 5,8 times the amount of data fits PS360 RAM than what fits Wiis RAM. So considering other hardware limitations, unless PS360 is less than 5,8 times as powerful as Wii, i see Wii winning with the RAM. Of course, cost of games development depends also about how much you are pushing the hardware limits.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

ClaudeLv250 said:

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Squall_Leonhart said:

Ugh, are you guys serious? Assassin's Creed? Did you play the same game I did? Have you ever played Super Mario Galaxy? Jesus, man, Assassin's Creed was slightly above average, while SMG was the GotY last year.

I can't disprove your opinion, however, I can tell you this.

Your opinion is in the VAST minority, when it comes to Assassin's Creed vs SMG.

Didn't you notice? Sony fanboys on VGC have been parroting the same thing regarding SMG for the past few weeks, in that [insert PS3 game] is better than Galaxy and deserves to sell more. Last weekit was "rachete is bettr than galaxies!!1", this week it's Assassin's Creed. Next week will probably be Uncharted. Since they have such a limited pool to pull from, they'll probably just start over.

Tell me, genius. Am I a Sony/ PS3 fanboy? Your post is quite, excuse my words, pathetic. Please dont just jump in and defend your system blindly all the time.

For your information. This thread is based on a FACT (look up in dictionary, please) and not an opinion. I was just surprised seeing this FACT. Thats why I actually made this thread.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Two average games sell above normal, its a sad day in gaming. The PC sales should be interesting aswell.