By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why do you want to leave, have left, or are thinking about leaving this site?- This thread has helped fix the database, you can all thank our one and only game admin now!

Im just residue left behind from when this site was good, in hopes it'll be good again.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
VGKing said:

@bold EXACTLY! So stop complaining about whether or not you don't like me as it is irrelevant. Thanks for that link though, I never saw it.

Im not complaining. Im explaining to you why you get the reaction you do in regards to Microsoft discussions.

The fact that youre not arguing against it speaks volumes.

I know why I get these reactions, because I'm not a Microsoft fan. It really is that simple. People don't like seeing their favorite company criticized and many times I happen to be the one doing it. It's freedom of speech. As long as I don't break the rules of this website its ok to posts negative comments.

Trolling is a very vague term and just because I have some of these moderations, it doesn't make me a troll. If you find my behavior or posting style annoying I'm afraid what you think of those people who make it into each monthly ban report with multiple moderations that are often multiple-week bans. I never hear people complaining about them.

Seems to me that would people hate about me is that I don't get banned despite my alleged "hidden agenda". To you and those people here's what I have to say:

VGKing said:

I know why I get these reactions, because I'm not a Microsoft fan. It really is that simple. People don't like seeing their favorite company criticized and many times I happen to be the one doing it. It's freedom of speech. As long as I don't break the rules of this website its ok to posts negative comments.

Trolling is a very vague term and just because I have some of these moderations, it doesn't make me a troll. If you find my behavior or posting style annoying I'm afraid what you think of those people who make it into each monthly ban report with multiple moderations that are often multiple-week bans. I never hear people complaining about them.

Seems to me that would people hate about me is that I don't get banned despite my alleged "hidden agenda". To you and those people here's what I have to say: 

Its got nothing to do with not being a Microsoft fan. Im not a Microsoft fan, yet Im still welcome in Microsoft discussion. Im not a Nintendo fan, yet Im still welcome in Nintendo discussion. It has nothing to do with which company or console a person prefers. Its to do with the users general behaviour in the forums. I mean, why are you surprised or complaining at the negativity and attacks you recieve if youre here admitting that youre always criticising Microsoft?

Trolling doesnt matter anymore to this discussion. Trolling got brought up because of you claiming to be innocent, when your recent mod history proves otherwise. Someone who has been banned 5 times in as many Months simply isnt "innocent". Theyre not the victim. They give just as much as they take, if not more. As for the people with more bans, people quite clearly do complain about them, as theyre getting banned.

I also dont really have to deal with anything. As far as I can remember, Ive never reported a post of yours. You can ask the mods if you want. Ive already proven what you do, I have nothing left to prove. The evidence is there for anyone who chooses to look through it.

Carl2291 said:
VGKing said:

Its got nothing to do with not being a Microsoft fan. Im not a Microsoft fan, yet Im still welcome in Microsoft discussion. Im not a Nintendo fan, yet Im still welcome in Nintendo discussion. It has nothing to do with which company or console a person prefers. Its to do with the users general behaviour in the forums. I mean, why are you surprised or complaining at the negativity and attacks you recieve if youre here admitting that youre always criticising Microsoft?

Trolling doesnt matter anymore to this discussion. Trolling got brought up because of you claiming to be innocent, when your recent mod history proves otherwise. Someone who has been banned 5 times in as many Months simply isnt "innocent". Theyre not the victim. They give just as much as they take, if not more. As for the people with more bans, people quite clearly do complain about them, as theyre getting banned.

I also dont really have to deal with anything. As far as I can remember, Ive never reported a post of yours. You can ask the mods if you want. Ive already proven what you do, I have nothing left to prove. The evidence is there for anyone who chooses to look through it.

I didn't admit to anything. I participate in all sections of this forum. Usually if its on the front page, I'll end up commenting in that thread. The reason I keep criticing Microsfot is because they deserve it. Same goes for Sony and same goes for Nintendo. You, like everyone only sees my negative comments. That's why negative rumors always attract the most attention. Negative rumors get discussed the most so they end up on the front page so I end up discussing them.

I'm ending this here. I don't need to defend myself or my actions. Take it up with a mod if you have any problem with me. 

VGKing said:

I didn't admit to anything. I participate in all sections of this forum. Usually if its on the front page, I'll end up commenting in that thread. The reason I keep criticing Microsfot is because they deserve it. Same goes for Sony and same goes for Nintendo. You, like everyone only sees my negative comments. That's why negative rumors always attract the most attention. Negative rumors get discussed the most so they end up on the front page so I end up discussing them.

I'm ending this here. I don't need to defend myself or my actions. Take it up with a mod if you have any problem with me. 

Ill take that as a "I understand why they treat me that way in the Microsoft forum".

Though, Im pretty sure you already knew why.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Michael-5 said:
pezus said:

How in the...

I checked a few days ago, but there it says someone commented 16 days ago O.O

Went back in time and added it.

----

If there are any other games missing in the database let me know... I think I've leveled up and can now add games to the database.

I have seen many complaints about adding games and the database here, this should help. So do you add them on gamewise first and then they transfer here, or what? Or you just add them here?

ioi informs me that if I gave an existing game on Gamewise a release date and specifiy a console, it will appear here sometime later. Whatever release dates, box art, and publisher/developer info I add there will also copy here. I'm not sure about the delay time though, and I dunno if I can add games directly to Gamewise, but there is a function there to inform other admins about missing games.

----

So keep an eye out on Yoshi's Island 3DS. That game doesn't exist on VGC, but if it does, well I added it

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Wow i can honestly say i haven't seen a popcorn worthy argument in a while.....and I'am literally eating popcorn.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

spurgeonryan said:
Michael-5 said:

ioi informs me that if I gave an existing game on Gamewise a release date and specifiy a console, it will appear here sometime later. Whatever release dates, box art, and publisher/developer info I add there will also copy here. I'm not sure about the delay time though, and I dunno if I can add games directly to Gamewise, but there is a function there to inform other admins about missing games.

----

So keep an eye out on Yoshi's Island 3DS. That game doesn't exist on VGC, but if it does, well I added it

From what I have seen it works. I have added close to 300 games on gamewise. Pretty sure that a lot of those were 3DS games.

So in case you guys did not see. The database here is making a comeback. Stick around for some changes!

YAY!!! I'm so happy.

Adding games on VGC doesn't add them to VGC, I have to link the game to a console for it to appear here. So let me know if anything on VGC is missing, especially around E3.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Carl2291 said:

3 trolling then. I bolded something for you - One regarding Microsoft/Xbox exclusive, Halo and your opening line. Also, can I have a link to Ban number 2? What rumors were they and why did you tell them to GTFO? You blocking your profile after BenVTriggers thread kinda stops me from finding specific posts like that.

Either way, 5 bans in 5 Months proves that you are far from an innocent individual.

You cant get banned for what you do in regards to Microsoft, because what you do isnt against the rules. Negativity isnt against the rules. Im not saying you were trolling, Ive maintained that you get the treatment you do in the Microsoft forums because of your constant negativity in the Microsoft forum, not trolling. There are users who get the same treatment in the Sony forum, for the exact same reasons. People arent stupid. People see trends. People talk to eachother about stuff outside of threads and walls. 

This post shows what you do quite perfectly. We went through this before. What was okay for Sony to do was negative for Microsoft to do. Its this bias why people dont take you seriously in the Microsoft forum and its why you get a hard time. Its why people automatically think of you as someone who is there to cause trouble.

Oh, I remember the story and I was even a part of it! That was a funny day :) Still can't believe he tried to edit his post while ignoring the power of the google-cache...

VGKing said:

I feel a bit sorry for you, especially because you can't defend your position. You are standing with the back on the wall while everyone sees the obvious. Keep coming to MS-threads but expect to be ignored completely. But yes, it is better to end it here.