By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why do you want to leave, have left, or are thinking about leaving this site?- This thread has helped fix the database, you can all thank our one and only game admin now!

Carl2291 said:
VGKing said:

Personal Attacks. I get attacked for stating my opinion. People are just way too sensitive and way too loyal to some of these companies. I don't agree with what some people think about Sony but that doesn't mean I'm going to say "No one cares what you think Xbox fanboy why are you even posting here?" Of course I'm paraphrasing but that's the general responsive I get almost daily. The environment around here is toxic.

I've even thought about creating a new account just so I can express my opinions very low-key.

Just because you have an opinion on something, doesnt mean you have to put that opinion on the forum.

You get "personal attacks" because your opinion is usually anti-Microsoft or anti-Xbox no matter what. People wise up to things when they see it over and over again. Its even more obvious when you have been caught out and frequent users of the Microsoft forum were there to witness it.

You arent made welcome or treated in a civil manor in the Microsoft forums, because of your general behaviour in the Microsoft forums.

You make it sound like I spam some kind of anti-MS hate over and over again. I don't. I'm always on topic and I always explain myself. Don't be so sensitive. People like you are part of the problem. You shouldn't attack the user no matter what. That is against the rules of this site. I can't tell you how many times people who get proven wrong resort to bashing in order to avoid admittting it.

I have the RIGHT to post my opinions on this site. If my comments violated the rules of this site then report them. I'm sure many people have done so already. But I follow the rules. I usually stay on topic and I never attack other users because of their posting history on this site or personal preference. If I were to compare this website to something, I would compare it to America post-segregation. So don't be a "racist", if you get what i mean. Don't hold personal grudges against strangers on the internet. You may think you know them but you really really don't.

Around the Network
mii-gamer said:
x box one bashing from a certain fan base is getting out of hand in these forums. i can't wait for e3, the hypocrisy of certain users will be exposed

If people are purely bashing something then report it. Mods will take care of it. Chances are what you view as "bashing' is just constructive criticism though.

VGKing said:

Just because you have an opinion on something, doesnt mean you have to put that opinion on the forum.

You get "personal attacks" because your opinion is usually anti-Microsoft or anti-Xbox no matter what. People wise up to things when they see it over and over again. Its even more obvious when you have been caught out and frequent users of the Microsoft forum were there to witness it.

You arent made welcome or treated in a civil manor in the Microsoft forums, because of your general behaviour in the Microsoft forums.

You make it sound like I spam some kind of anti-MS hate over and over again. I don't. I'm always on topic and I always explain myself. Don't be so sensitive. People like you are part of the problem. You shouldn't attack the user no matter what. That is against the rules of this site. I can't tell you how many times people who get proven wrong resort to bashing in order to avoid admittting it.

I have the RIGHT to post my opinions on this site. If my comments violated the rules of this site then report them. I'm sure many people have done so already. But I follow the rules. I usually stay on topic and I never attack other users because of their posting history on this site or personal preference. If I were to compare this website to something, I would compare it to America post-segregation. So don't be a "racist", if you get what i mean. Don't hold personal grudges against strangers on the internet. You may think you know them but you really really don't.

You do and it is very obvious.  You do this a long with other users which is the reason this site is so unbearable for many people.  Don't tell people not to be sensitive.  They aren't dumb so stop acting like they are.

vaio said:

When ps3 was released and you were banned if you implied it was a failure wich it was (economicaly).

If you entered any of the wait untill x game comes for ps3 and trolled or poked fun you were banned (and rightly so)

but it took you guys 6 months to start banning people for the rrod threads that was mostly started by Sony fans

for the wii nothing happened when you trolled the system or said it was not next gen

same for the wii u, nothing has been done to stop it´s not as powerfull as current gen threads and the wii is not next gen threads

xbox one is suffering the same thing now sony fans trolling the shit our of the drm thing and nothing is done

Sony fans are the cause for most of the flaming and trolling posts here but you rather ban the people reacting to their trolling.

How about you ban both sides when they transgress? and not only to one party that is reacting to the other?

Context matters. Just because something is negative, doesn't mean its trolling.

JayWood2010 said:
VGKing said:

You do and it is very obvious.  You do this a long with other users which is the reason this site is so unbearable for many people.  Don't tell people not to be sensitive.  They aren't dumb so stop acting like they are.

Report me then and be done with it. What you are doing right now is exactly what makes this website so toxic. "Don't post in Microsoft forums, you aren't a fan!" You know I"ve rarely been moderated for Xbox-related trolling/flaming. In fact, I rarely get moderated. Period. My mod history is much lower than Carls and probably yours too. I think that speaks for itself.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Michael-5 said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/72181/gran-turismo-6/

How in the...

I checked a few days ago, but there it says someone commented 16 days ago O.O

Went back in time and added it.

----

If there are any other games missing in the database let me know... I think I've leveled up and can now add games to the database.

~

Edit: Quote tree shortened by TruckOSaurus - Please refer to this post for Quote Tree Guidelines http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5379187

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Kantor said:

You believe wrong. As a private organisation we are free to restrict access to our website and content posted on that website. If we were legally prosecuting you, you might have a point, except that you would not, because free speech is not a guaranteed right outside of America anyway.

Freedom of speech is garanteed by the European Constitution, as long as you're in the boudaries of opinions and you don't insult or discriminate a group of person.

As a private organisation, you are bound to several rules when you create or use a product or service, such as a forum. For exemple, when using ForumBB or whatever, you signed up and accepted some contractual rules such as the respect of privacy and databases, and such rules includes the non-discriminatory access to a service or product as long as one is within the boundaries of freedom of expression. The same you can't, for exemple, refuse a particuler customer to buy a product you are selling.

But then it's of course all finetuning, some people are strict toward trolling some other let people express themselves, but again I find VGChartz to be the most conservative and restricting forum, which is a choice no one is going to argue directly with.

VGKing said:

Hate, no. Negativity, yes. It doesnt matter if youre always on topic, in general your bias ruins any credibility your "opinion" may have.

Whats annoying is the "Im innocent!" bullshit. Youre not fooling anyone. Nobody who does this actually fools anyone. You and many others who preach "innocence" are simply not innocent.

Your agenda is obvious and I made it obvious before. I agree a user shouldnt be attacked for posting negativity, but at the same time I can understand why a user gets attacked when they are notorious for constant negativity and have been caught out for it before.

Seeing as how you brought my mod history into your other conversation, I havent been banned in 2 Years. My last ban was before you actually joined the site. How many times have you been banned in 2013 alone?

Carl2291 said:
VGKing said:

Hate, no. Negativity, yes. It doesnt matter if youre always on topic, in general your bias ruins any credibility your "opinion" may have.

Whats annoying is the "Im innocent!" bullshit. Youre not fooling anyone. Nobody who does this actually fools anyone. You and many others who preach "innocence" are simply not innocent.

Your agenda is obvious and I made it obvious before. I agree a user shouldnt be attacked for posting negativity, but at the same time I can understand why a user gets attacked when they are notorious for constant negativity and have been caught out for it before.

Seeing as how you brought my mod history into your other conversation, I havent been banned in 2 Years. My last ban was before you actually joined the site. How many times have you been banned in 2013 alone?

Uh, I am innocent. If I wasn't I would have gotten banned. I  have never hidden my Playstation preference and I have made it clear that I am not a fan of Microsoft and their Xbox brand. I do so in a civil manner. I have no hidden agenda, my intentions are very clear. There is this thing called constructive criticism. Learn the difference.

vaio said:
Kantor said:
vaio said:

This cant be stated enough, this has been the main problem for many years now.

Sony fans spam the report button and in combination with the pro sony moderations has made this site unbareble for everyone but Sony fans

Examples?

When ps3 was released and you were banned if you implied it was a failure wich it was (economicaly).

If you entered any of the wait untill x game comes for ps3 and trolled or poked fun you were banned (and rightly so)

but it took you guys 6 months to start banning people for the rrod threads that was mostly started by Sony fans

for the wii nothing happened when you trolled the system or said it was not next gen

same for the wii u, nothing has been done to stop it´s not as powerfull as current gen threads and the wii is not next gen threads

xbox one is suffering the same thing now sony fans trolling the shit our of the drm thing and nothing is done

Sony fans are the cause for most of the flaming and trolling posts here but you rather ban the people reacting to their trolling.

How about you ban both sides when they transgress? and not only to one party that is reacting to the other?

Give that man a medal, I doth my cap to you sir.

This quote tree has been shortened. Please keep quote trees to 3 quotes maximum.