By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which will have better graphics: Drive Club or Forza 5? - OP UPDATED with recent media

Which will have better graphics?

DriveClub (PS4) 470 56.02%

Forza 5 (X1) 225 26.82%

They will look identical 48 5.72%

See results 96 11.44%

Total:839

This time the 50% difference in GPU for PS4 will give a better look for Drive Club.

And I think it will outsell Forza 5 in sales too... well Forza games have low sales.

GT6 will be a better sim than both.

User has been banned for this post ~Barozi

Around the Network

I cant tell the difference. some shots driveclub looks better and others forza.

LOL. It is a little early to make comparisons. There is no ingame screenshots yet.

pezus said:
I'm wondering if the Forza trailer was truly in-game. I will reserve judgment until I see gameplay from both games.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

I will go with Drive Club. Great developer with the most powerful console.

Around the Network

We've yet to see any legit Forza 5 gameplay, so this thread seems pretty much useless as of now.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

ethomaz said:

This time the 50% difference in GPU for PS4 will give a better look for Drive Club.

And I think it will outsell Forza 5 in sales too... well Forza games have low sales.

GT6 will be a better sim than both.

So what you are saying is that Drive Club will be bundled even more then MotorStorm, becuase none of Evolutions Studios games came even close to selling a million copies by themselves unless they where heavily bundled.

Chris Hu said:

So what you are saying is that Drive Club will be bundled even more then MotorStorm, becuase none of Evolutions Studios games came even close to selling a million copies by themselves unless they where heavily bundled.

No. I'm saying Drive Club will be the only option for a racer game in PS4 at launch... so it will sell close to 5 million lifetime... these first games always sell great.

And bundled is a useless argument... Forza just cross 3 million units due bundles lol but I don't say that is a bad thing.

kupomogli said:

For racing enthusiasts, Drive Club. For your average game interested in racing games, Forza. Drive Club just seems to be targeted at car and racing enthusiasts over your average gamer.Drive Club  being only first person is a clear sign of that.  

We'll have to wait until more information on both though. 

*edit*

How do people know Drive Club is an arcade racer?  My assumption is that it'd be a simulation racer. 

Here's an interview and from certain questions and answers, Drive Club is a simulation racer, not arcade style like some people here are trying to downplay it as.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/drive-club-the-evolution-racer-nine-years-in-the-making/

From the Article you posted:

"Obviously you feel there’s room on PS4 for two very high-fidelity sim-racers… was there any internal hand-wringing over moving into a space that traditionally Gran Turismo has owned on Sony platforms?

Matt Southern: I don’t think there was any hand-wringing. We don’t regard ourselves as a simulation as such, that has a lot of attached associations in terms of the core experience, where it sits in the overall gaming landscape and we’re very happy, comfortable that we sit somewhere else."

It's not a sim. Not so much an arcade racer either, though. 

4 ≈ One

ethomaz said:

Chris Hu said:

No. I'm saying Drive Club will be the only option for a racer game in PS4 at launch... so it will sell close to 5 million lifetime... these first games always sell great.

And bundled is a useless argument... Forza just cross 3 million units due bundles lol but I don't say that is a bad thing.

Sure just like MotorStorm sold close to five million lifetime right ;).  But wait it didn't it was one of the most heavily bundled games of this gen and it couldn't even come close to the 4 million units sold point.   Again none of Evolutions games ever sold over a million copies unless they where heavily bundled.  On the other side evey Forza game, even a unproofed spin-off Forza Horizon has sold over a million copies by themselves.  Also its not the only option on the PS4 Need for Speed: Rivals will be available close to launch and it made by a studio with a much better pedigree then Evoulution Studios.  Criterion Games made all the Burout games which is a much better franchise then MotorStorm on top of that they made last years Need for Speed: Most Wanted which is one of the highest rated games in the franchise.  Well aperantley Criterion is only a suporting party in the development for Need for Speed: Rivals.  But my points still stands there is no way that Drive Club will sell over 5 million copies unless it is bundled more then MotorStorm.