By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which will have better graphics: Drive Club or Forza 5? - OP UPDATED with recent media

Which will have better graphics?

DriveClub (PS4) 470 56.02%

Forza 5 (X1) 225 26.82%

They will look identical 48 5.72%

See results 96 11.44%

Total:839

Drive Club, look at the insane lighting, so real. Forza 5 looks game-y

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:

I'm guessing you never played a Forza game.  Forza is always high quality even when Turn 10 is only a minor contributior like in the Forza spin off Forza Horizon the game turns out great.

So there's no way you think they can mess up Forza? Right?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

kupomogli said:

For racing enthusiasts, Drive Club. For your average game interested in racing games, Forza. Drive Club just seems to be targeted at car and racing enthusiasts over your average gamer.Drive Club  being only first person is a clear sign of that.  

We'll have to wait until more information on both though. 

*edit*

How do people know Drive Club is an arcade racer?  My assumption is that it'd be a simulation racer. 

Here's an interview and from certain questions and answers, Drive Club is a simulation racer, not arcade style like some people here are trying to downplay it as.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/drive-club-the-evolution-racer-nine-years-in-the-making/

In the ps4 game informer issue the info on Drive Club it will be arcade style with a sim mixed in.  At least I'm pretty sure.  Will find the info.

*edit* here it is. 

Play offline in single-player
- Also has a big online focus
- User-created race challenges encouraged
- Everything you do is tracked by a single profile in single-plaer
- With teams, accomplishments are funneled together into the larger success of the group
- Three-on-three team challenges included
- Create events based on different parameters: car type, track, time of day, weather, etc.
- Can make lengthy multi-stage events that take place over a number of days
- Participants can span in the thousands with hundreds of different teams
- Win smaller accolades to add team’s XP
- These include clocking the fastest lap, drifting 1,000 meters, going 0 to 60 the fastest
- Use apps outside of DriveClub to make challenges as well
- Spread accomplishments and media through social media chanels
- Evolution will be making its own season of league racing through weekly online race events
- Visuals and gameplay are equally important
- DualShock 4′s touchpad is used for menu navigation, for the most part
- Touchpad also being considered for cameras
- Not a simulation-based racer
- Damage cars take won’t determine how they handle
- Koenigsegg, Maserati, Pagani, Hennessey are represented
- Start off with slightly less glamorous cars
- Race and increase fame/funds to gain access to better cars
- More people will watch you race as well

Pretty much zero percent.  Again the game series has a top notch pedigree don't trust me try one of the games yourself.

I'm guessing you haven't seen the Forza 5 teaser trailer in glorious 1080p.

Around the Network

Remember that DriveClub is being developed by Evolution Studios, and these comprise of many ex-employees that worked on numerous titles, such as GT, wipeout, WRC, as well as Motorstorm.

Driveclub looks better graphically speaking, but I need to see more gameplay. Forza is a decent racer for newcomers. That rewind thing is pretty nifty. The customization is its best asset.

Taken straight from the trailer:

Edit: Apparently there is more here

I'm sure it will be DriveClub, but I suppose that next-gen racing games will look so good that the differences will have to be found in places like Digital Foundry indistinguishable otherwise.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

kupomogli said:

For racing enthusiasts, Drive Club. For your average game interested in racing games, Forza. Drive Club just seems to be targeted at car and racing enthusiasts over your average gamer.Drive Club  being only first person is a clear sign of that.  

We'll have to wait until more information on both though. 

*edit*

How do people know Drive Club is an arcade racer?  My assumption is that it'd be a simulation racer. 

Here's an interview and from certain questions and answers, Drive Club is a simulation racer, not arcade style like some people here are trying to downplay it as.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/drive-club-the-evolution-racer-nine-years-in-the-making/

Not sure if serious...

Evolution Studios never created a driving sim. Turn10 proved itself to be the best racing game developer in the world for the past decade.
I can't believe you actually said that the guys behind Motorstorm do cater to the racing enthusiasts and the guys behind Forza to the average gamer.

Why don't you bring up Mario Kart as well?

OT:

Forza 5:

You can find the whole trailer in 1080p here: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_forza_motorsport_5_1080p_trailer-14081_en.html

It looks awesome.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...