By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fair comparison of Halo, Gran Turismo, and Mario. Broken down per generation

Player1x3 said:
DevilRising said:
The MAIN Mario franchise, by itself, is the highest selling video game franchise in history, for good reason.

The reason being mass bundling and over 200 games in the franchise?

The main franchise, aka 2D Mario and 3D Mario isn't anywhere near 200 games...

Regarding bundling...which mainline Mario game in the last 15 years was heavily bundled? Super Mario 64 wasn't. Super Mario Sunshine wasn't. New Super Mario Bros. DS wasn't. New Super Mario Bros. Wii wasn't (it had some bundles, but so did Halo and GT). Super Mario Galaxy 1+2 weren't. New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't. Super Mario 3D Land wasn't. New Super Mario Bros. U wasn't.

Around the Network
KHlover said:
Player1x3 said:
DevilRising said:
The MAIN Mario franchise, by itself, is the highest selling video game franchise in history, for good reason.

Regarding bundling...which mainline Mario game in the last 15 years was heavily bundled? Super Mario 64 wasn't. Super Mario Sunshine wasn't. New Super Mario Bros. DS wasn't. New Super Mario Bros. Wii wasn't (it had some bundles, but so did Halo and GT). Super Mario Galaxy 1+2 weren't. New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't. Super Mario 3D Land wasn't. New Super Mario Bros. U wasn't.

I was talking about the one bundled over 60 million times. 

And this thread is about Mario franchise in general 

Player1x3 said:
KHlover said:
Player1x3 said:
DevilRising said:

There is no mario game that has reached 60 million.  You are talking about Wii Sports.

JayWood2010 said:
Player1x3 said:
KHlover said:
Player1x3 said:
DevilRising said:

There is no mario game that has reached 60 million.  You are talking about Wii Sports.

wasn't the original Mario bundled with every NES?

Player1x3 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Player1x3 said:
KHlover said:
Player1x3 said:
DevilRising said:

wasn't the original Mario bundled with every NES?

that reached 40m but it did have a bundle.  I dont know about a hard bundle or not.  Halo and Gran Turismo gets bundled often as well.  I know GT5 alone is bundled throughout the year on many different occasions and has a bundle right now called the legacy bundle.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
And wow, up your game Gran Turismo

Part six is coming out.

Aren't there like 5 mario games released every year for the last 30 years...

An unfair comparison in general especially for Halo. Halo series had been around the least and is rated M and only released on one console at a time.

It's obvious that Mario is the biggest and most valuable first party IP. My prediction of Halo being bigger than GT seems true by looking at the average/year. Average/year > Average/game imo.

I'd be really interested to see Pokémon added to the mixe since my prediction for the biggest first party IP was Mario1st, Pokémon2nd, Halo3rd, GT4th and Zelda5th.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Metrium said:
It's obvious that Mario is the biggest and most valuable first party IP. My prediction of Halo being bigger than GT seems true by looking at the average/year. Average/year > Average/game imo.

I'd be really interested to see Pokémon added to the mixe since my prediction for the biggest first party IP was Mario1st, Pokémon2nd, Halo3rd, GT4th and Zelda5th.

Pokemon is 2nd party.  Zelda is not in the top 5(Doubtful).  I could do a top 10 though.  It may start arguments though because of the disagreement with Halo and GT on which is bigger.

That's a mighty fine average or Mario considering all the spin-offs