By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fair comparison of Halo, Gran Turismo, and Mario. Broken down per generation

NYCrysis said:
JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:
NYCrysis said:
Ok so let me get this straight MS announced that halo has sold (Shipped) 50 million with 4 million of halo 4 included. And you're telling me that MS shipped another 7 million copies of halo in a 5 month period. BULLSHIT.

Seeing as that article was posted on December 6th which was 4 weeks after the releas of Halo and it had sold 5m by that point and now it is at 8m.  It is very likely that it is near 55m and we dont know digital numbers which are likely pretty high as well.

Unless MS included digital numbers, like Sony do with GT.

Who knows.  All I know is the numbers that I have available to me that are current.  This is the first time ive seen anybody complain on this site about these type of numbers.  Not sure why he is so upset.  This will probably be the fairest comparison that somebody can do without cherry picking.

Your numbers are as if there are 2.35 million gt's sitting on shelfs while MS has none. If Microsoft said that halo 4 sold 4 million and included that with the 50 million figure and vgsays that halo has sold 8.24 million so the number should be at 54.24 million and that's if ms reports sold to consumers vs shipped to retailers.

We don't know the updated Halo shipments.  Relax ok.  These are estimates so take them as estimates.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
NYCrysis said:
JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:
NYCrysis said:
Ok so let me get this straight MS announced that halo has sold (Shipped) 50 million with 4 million of halo 4 included. And you're telling me that MS shipped another 7 million copies of halo in a 5 month period. BULLSHIT.

Seeing as that article was posted on December 6th which was 4 weeks after the releas of Halo and it had sold 5m by that point and now it is at 8m.  It is very likely that it is near 55m and we dont know digital numbers which are likely pretty high as well.

Unless MS included digital numbers, like Sony do with GT.

Who knows.  All I know is the numbers that I have available to me that are current.  This is the first time ive seen anybody complain on this site about these type of numbers.  Not sure why he is so upset.  This will probably be the fairest comparison that somebody can do without cherry picking.

Your numbers are as if there are 2.35 million gt's sitting on shelfs while MS has none. If Microsoft said that halo 4 sold 4 million and included that with the 50 million figure and vgsays that halo has sold 8.24 million so the number should be at 54.24 million and that's if ms reports sold to consumers vs shipped to retailers.

We don't know the updated Halo shipments.  Relax ok.  These are estimates so take them as estimates.

Well if you are now calling them estimates how is it a FAIR comparison if your off by maybe millions for each franchise.

NYCrysis said:

Well if you are now calling them estimates how is it a FAIR comparison if your off by maybe millions for each franchise.

Then just get off this site because nothing on this site is 100% accurate.

Mario is a beast, selling better than GT even with the Gamecube which sold only 21 million. GBA probably sold a good amount though

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

JayWood2010 said:
NYCrysis said:

Then just get off this site because nothing on this site is 100% accurate.

yea but you are overlooking official numbers and are overtracking halo like you always do with MS games. U are bias and are a proven MS fanboy so its annoying to see post "Fair" topics with your many times cherry picked numbers. Whatever im just cranky today and am lashing out at xbox fanboys. Need some sleep bye.

This post has been moderated by axumblade

Around the Network
NYCrysis said:

yea but you are overlooking official numbers and are overtracking halo like you always do with MS games. U are bias and are a proven MS fanboy so its annoying to see post "Fair" topics with your many times cherry picked numbers. Whatever im just cranky today and am lashing out at xbox fanboys. Need some sleep bye.

So now Im biased for posting VGC numbers XD  I love it haha  Always a hidden agenda haha

JayWood2010 said:
NYCrysis said:

So now Im biased for posting VGC numbers XD  I love it haha  Always a hidden agenda haha

vgc numbers that are proven to be wrong on many accounts. Recently they had a huge overhaul on their console numbers and are known to overtrack xbox.

NYCrysis said:
JayWood2010 said:
NYCrysis said:

vgc numbers that are proven to be wrong on many accounts. Recently they had a huge overhaul on their console numbers and are known to overtrack xbox.

lol whatever you say bro.  I'm obviosly biased posting VGC numbers.   And man look at those horrible Nintendo numbers.  I mean it no way beat both haha  

NYCrysis said:

So then why do you bother coming to this site?

BOOM!  FACE KICK!

Jexy said:
NYCrysis said:

So then why do you bother coming to this site?

Nice forums to post on, great and large playstation community on the forums, get some ok estimates of game sales, and for some news.