By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX ONE. Multitasking. 15 exclusives in year 1, 8 of them are new IP's. Halo mini series (Spielberg), NFL deal. FIFA and COD exclusive content.

ok ok thats was really amazingly boring but i got to see nice looking dogs and alot of sports (like i care) but hey if u xbox people are happy am happy for u

Around the Network

Wait a minute... where was Kinect 2?

I had low expectations after I read that the games were going to the focus of E3, but i kinda expected at least one gameplay reveal with someone using the controller and showing us what the xbox is capable off.

I mean not a single one. They may have showed the console, but it's like they didn't use it except for Tv/kinect interactions

Meh

If I was an American sports and tv fan I might have been excited but I'm more of a gamer personally so I had trouble keeping my eyes open.

Maybe the PC will be my next gaming system.......

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

I wanted MS to shut up the haters and critics badly, but it just didn't happen. I knew it wouldn't happen. Everyone knew.

It's just multimedia and multiplats. Anyone who is hoping for E3 is fooling themselves. They showed EA and Activision today for a reason - because MS desperately lack games of its own. First party is behind schedule like rumors said.

Around the Network
SnowPrince said:
PLEAAASE SOMEONE , what exclusive games did they show ?

Forza 5 and Quantum Break and 15 unnamed exclusives.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

platformmaster918 said:
POE said:
I think the presentation was a little disapointing. For now i´ll stick with my Wii U that hopefully will have a bunch of new games by the end of the year.
The PS4 is not an option.

why isn't ps4 an option?  I'm getting WiiU in 2014 and PS4 this year

You should buy the Wii U this year and the PS4 next year.
And the PS4 is not an option because it´s the same FPS box but with better graphics, and for that i have a PC.

MS betting big where they succeeded already: XBox Live. New console to be a cable box, almost more so than an actual gaming console. Personally, I don't give a damn about such features. But it will be interesting to see if it will click with the audience. Netflix on console is certainly a good template to base expectations on, and is proof enough that there's a future there, so it will be interesting to see how the console's TV features will resonate with the non-core crowd.

Gaming-wise, I'm not really impressed. Not a single title really made me say: Wow, I need this!

I'm not sold on the look of the console. They call that kind of design elegant, I guess. But it looks flat and I found its design uninspired. But that's the least of one's worries once it's connected and stored in your shelf/desk/whatever.

Forza 5 looks promising, but I've always been more of a GT fan. Being used to the franchise since the very first title in 1997, and never missed one since... But it might be the title to go for if Drive Club doesn't deliver for that kind of racing game on Next Gen consoles. 

Other than that, exclusive content is good, but DLCs aren't really a game changer. And when it comes to exclusive features in multi-plat games, not much was talked about. For all I know, they could be Kinect centric, and I just... don't care about Kinect.

So, to me, it was underwhelming. Because I want my game console to be game centric first and foremost. And MS didn't focus much on that aspect of the console. They're keeping some bullets for E3, just like Sony is. So I'll reserve my final judgement for then.

All in all... I don't want a cable box. I want a gaming console. And MS didn't deliver on that for me. I don't care about sports games enough to make me choose a console over an other based on exclusive features. And the few that was shown other than those were either exclusive, or in the case of the only game that triggered my interest, Quantum Break, they didn't show enough to let me know what the game actually is.

So... E3 it is.

People are forgetting that the Real battle is at E3 Im just glad that they got all the multimedia stuff out of the way so they can focus on games.

I'm not sure of what to think of that really. Flashy, impressive and a lot of promises, but looking back over the content, very little was delivered. They need to deliver on those promises at E3.

Still, they've did show off a lot of mainstream content, sports, TV and movies, so they've done a good job at trying to capture the US audience.

Overall, not as good as I thought it would be, I was expecting a megaton.