By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Online Petition for Sega to stop Exclusive Partnership with Nintendo over Sonic (yes)

Do you think is unfair nintendo sings an exclusivity deal?

Yes, nintendo doesn't de... 97 14.63%

lol no 481 72.55%

... and you are? 85 12.82%

Total:663
DevilRising said:
I'm sorry.....but just....fuck.

Really. I know there ARE fanboys out there that actually think that way, that it's okey-dokey for PS or Xbox to have third party exclusive titles, but every single time a Nintendo console gets one, it's "SCREAM TO THE HEAVENS IN RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION!" time. And it's pathetic. EVERY console has every right to get third party exclusives. The thing that bothers me most, is the people who try to put forth the notion that "NO third party game should be exclusive, they should ALL be multiconsole"....but when they say that, they clearly mean they should all be available for PS/Xbox/PC. The subtext being that most of the people who try to argue that, clearly also don't give a flying fuck whether or not Nintendo's current console gets a single damn one of those multi-console ports. As in "oh well, it's just Nintendo".

That kind of flagrant hypocrisy within the "hardcore gamer" community (among many others) is why most of those types don't really deserve to be taken all that seriously. Fact of the matter is, Nintendo is the closest in spirit to the company Sega once was, as well as MOST of the franchises they used to make. Sonic immediately sold like hotcakes on Gamecube, because a lot of old Dreamcast owners moved on to their old rival Nintendo. It's a point of fact, not contention, that Sonic games have continually sold better on Nintendo platforms, be it portable or home, since Sega went 3rd party. And to further the point, Sega bothered finally making new Shinobi, Toejam & Earl and Panzer Dragoon games that should have been on Dreamcast, for PS2 and/or Xbox, and none of those really sold all that well. Chances are, those games would have sold better as GC exclusives.

But however you want to spin it, I fail to see how people are getting so up in arms over not getting "Sonic: Lost World" on their console. Sonic fans GOT their PS360 exclusive Sonic games in the shitty 06 title, and the decent Generations, and it's not as if those fans made those games blockerbuster successes. So what do they really expect? Honestly, Nintendo should have used some of that DS/Wii mountain of cash to secure an exclusive partnership with Sega a long time ago. Having Sega franchises only on their consoles would just be good business.

And considering the various 3rd party titles Wii U ISN'T getting, who honestly cares if they get a Sonic title or two? But that's the nature of certain fanboys. They exploded when Wii got things like Muramasa, or the Okami remake, or de Blob, or No More Heroes, or Monster Hunter Tri, or Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. And it's not different now, exploding over Bayonetta 2 or this new Sonic game. I'm sure somehow, a few Shin Megami fans even found some way to cry about not being able to play SMT x Fire Emblem on PS or Xbox. It gets that ridiculous sometimes.

Well Sonic Generations also came out on 3DS, and I have gotten lots of StreetPass tags, so clearly the Nintendo version sold well LOL.

Nintendo wasn't that motivated to come up with games for such systems as DS & Wii, especially not for DS. The 3DS by itself has gotten Nintendo very motivated to come up with all sorts of great game ideas. The Wii U has made Nintendo come up with great game ideas for such first party games as Star Fox & Pikmin & F-Zero & Metroid & etc.

Nintendo just comes up with way more ideas for the 3DS & Wii U because the DS & Wii especially the DS just didn't really inspired Nintendo as much is all.

Around the Network

Its funny people say Nintendo systems are for kids (because their games have color) and now that Sega (with colorful games) makes exclusives for a "childish" system people whine about that instead of being happy that there is less color on their HARDCORE (lol) systems.

Proof that it is not Nintendo making childish games and hardware that pisses people off its simply NINTENDO existing which does.

Viper1 said:
Oh quit whining.

You get EA.

Well EA delivers more quality games in a year then Sega develops Sonic games in 15...so yeah.

OT: A petition for this? Arent peoplke bored of that sub-par mascot already?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

oooohhhhhh NOOOOOOO!!!!! Nintendo will now get a bunch of $H1TY sonic games unleashed on their system....ohhhh nooo... I personally thank Nintendo from keeping that crap off other systems and only do damage to their brand.

In about the last 10 years the only good sonic game released was that sonic kart racing game....I feel bad for Nintendo actually paying money for this "Exclusive"....

ironmanDX said:
After the news about EA people do this? Wow, sad fanboys really.... If you're so desperate to play a Sonic game get a WiiU and stfu. No? You won't buy a WiiU? I'm shocked......

Dude, seriously? Should we say every time a ninty fan complains about a game, "just shut the fuck up and buy a ps4"? Not everyone can afford two consoles or has the space for them. This has -for the most part- nothing to do with fanboyism. 

Gamers complaining about things nowadays sometimes helps. Companies release new endings (MAss Effect 3), get additional content (Rayman Legends) etc. I personally don't care about Sonic or enough for any game to sign a petition (since I have more than enough games on ps3/psvita), but I understand where they're coming from.

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
Viper1 said:
Oh quit whining.

You get EA.

Well EA delivers more quality games in a year then Sega develops Sonic games in 15...so yeah.

Oh if thats what you think... by all means... EA is trash aside Bioware, and even that is on the downfall because of them. FIFA? Battlefield? Who needs the yearly rehash of the same games? Enjoy!

1.) All of these Petitions are pretty much ridiculous.
2.) Lol, no.

Nem said:
hunter_alien said:
Viper1 said:
Oh quit whining.

You get EA.

Oh if thats what you think... by all means... EA is trash aside Bioware, and even that is on the downfall because of them. FIFA? Battlefield? Who needs the yearly rehash of the same games? Enjoy!

You mean the 2 most critically acclaimed series in their respective genres? Its not me who is missing out...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Who cares?

This isn't the 90s. I don't get excited about Sega games anymore.

Even if they released something I really want like Shenmue 3. I would just buy the Wii U.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

hunter_alien said:
Nem said:
hunter_alien said:
Viper1 said:
Oh quit whining.

You get EA.

You mean the 2 most critically acclaimed series in their respective genres? Its not me who is missing out...

Really?! I have a 360 and i dont buy those games. I havent bought a single FIFA game since the franchise first came out. Its always been crap. PES has been better for the most parrt aswell.

And FPS'?! LOL That gameplay is so 2 decades ago. I dont get how you can enjoy playing the same game over and over again for 20 years. That is amazing indeed. Maybe you should try playing something different. You might be surprised.