By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Online Petition for Sega to stop Exclusive Partnership with Nintendo over Sonic (yes)

Do you think is unfair nintendo sings an exclusivity deal?

Yes, nintendo doesn't de... 97 14.63%

lol no 481 72.55%

... and you are? 85 12.82%

Total:663
zorg1000 said:
Kaizar said:

It's just 3 games, and 1 of them was going to be an exclusive anyways because it's half Mario.

Besides Sonic Generations was 3D Ready on the PS3 & 360 & 3DS (which is different from the none-3DS versions).

Sega always makes their games 3D capable like Warner Bros.

Where you going to play the other 2 Sonic games on a 3D TV in 3D?

Because the PS3 & 360 & PS4 & infinite & Wii U versions of the game would be made 3D ready, it's Sega.

What the hell are you talking about and how does that have anything to do with this thread?

I just wanted to match stupid with stupid.

I mean it is only for 3 Sonic games, and 1 of them was "Mario & Sonic At the olympics" for crying out loud. So it's actually only 2 exclusives being uniquely done. Plus everyone who played Nintendo & Sega back before 1996 was also playing the other system and loved both. It wasn't even a Console war back in those days, at least not from my experience from where I grew up.

If anything, this kind of deal only makes sense since Sega is 3rd Party thanks to Microsoft making the XBox. And Nintendo & Sega working together can only make for a great Sonic game, at least more then other Sonic games in the past many years.

This Petition just seems to be something done by noobs, like how they try to get Resident Evil Mercenearies on PS3 & 360.....didn't work.

Around the Network
Kaizar said:
zorg1000 said:
Kaizar said:

It's just 3 games, and 1 of them was going to be an exclusive anyways because it's half Mario.

Besides Sonic Generations was 3D Ready on the PS3 & 360 & 3DS (which is different from the none-3DS versions).

Because the PS3 & 360 & PS4 & infinite & Wii U versions of the game would be made 3D ready, it's Sega.

What the hell are you talking about and how does that have anything to do with this thread?

I mean it is only for 3 Sonic games, and 1 of them was "Mario & Sonic At the olympics" for crying out loud. So it's actually only 2 exclusives being uniquely done. Plus everyone who played Nintendo & Sega back before 1996 was also playing the other system and loved both. It wasn't even a Console war back in those days, at least not from my experience from where I grew up.

If anything, this kind of deal only makes sense since Sega is 3rd Party thanks to Microsoft making the XBox. And Nintendo & Sega working together can only make for a great Sonic game, at least more then other Sonic games in the past many years.

This Petition just seems to be something done by noobs, like how they try to get Resident Evil Mercenearies on PS3 & 360.....didn't work.

I agree with u about the Sega deal,its no big deal since Wii got a few exclusive Sonic games and nobody seemed to mind.

Ur history is a bit off tho, Sega didnt get out of the hardware business because of Xbox and there was a console war back then.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Kaizar said:
zorg1000 said:
Kaizar said:

I agree with u about the Sega deal,its no big deal since Wii got a few exclusive Sonic games and nobody seemed to mind.

Ur history is a bit off tho, Sega didnt get out of the hardware business because of Xbox and there was a console war back then.

I just meant that 4 home consoles seems like too much for us consumers. But I'm not saying I'm right about why Sega dropped off.

Im sure there was a console war I guess, but it just didn't seem that way by us consumers standpoint. But I did try to mention that I'm not sure about this notion of mine....it just seem like there wasn't a console war where I grew up, but of course the companies where going at each other or whatever, I just meant maybe not by a consumers standpoint.

Kaizar said:
zorg1000 said:
Kaizar said:
zorg1000 said:
Kaizar said:

I just meant that 4 home consoles seems like too much for us consumers. But I'm not saying I'm right about why Sega dropped off.

Im sure there was a console war I guess, but it just didn't seem that way by us consumers standpoint. But I did try to mention that I'm not sure about this notion of mine....it just seem like there wasn't a console war where I grew up, but of course the companies where going at each other or whatever, I just meant maybe not by a consumers standpoint.

True 3 seems like the limit on how many successful hardware makers we can have at one time.

I think lack of internet has alot to due with that

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

When Nintendo fans do that some users on this site call it "pathetic". Joke's on them now...

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
i think this is great. if anyone can make sonic relevant and good again it's nintendo.

..now if valkyria chronicles went nintendo exclusive i'd be pissed.

Just wondering based on two situations. What if, it did go exclusive, but it actually got localized instead of .... well not, or Nintendo funded the whole project and basically it would not been made otherwise. 

(Personally people shouldn't follow consoles, they should follow games!)

Why would anyone want to sign that petition? Their partnership is laughably ironic.

Busted said:
IsawYoshi said:
I believe it's too late. I also believe the deal with end within next year. (They have already revealed two of the three exclusive games). Not to mention that Nintendo is cooperating with the development on at least Lost world, and I would assume Mario And Sonic at the Olympic winter games, that would be an exclusive anyways.

Why is people under the impression that Mario and Sonic at the olympics and a hypotetical Mario Kart X Sonic Racing  based on a tweet (which i think is more a hint that Sonic could be in the next Mario Kart) are part of these exclusive games, i think it wouldn't make much sense, these are (now) usual NintendoXSega collaborations, don't think they would announce it as in :We've signed a deal...'' i think they mean 3 standalone Sonic games.

Some people said it in some other posts and as far as I remeber they had a link to SEGA saying it.

IsawYoshi said:
Busted said:
IsawYoshi said:
I believe it's too late. I also believe the deal with end within next year. (They have already revealed two of the three exclusive games). Not to mention that Nintendo is cooperating with the development on at least Lost world, and I would assume Mario And Sonic at the Olympic winter games, that would be an exclusive anyways.

Why is people under the impression that Mario and Sonic at the olympics and a hypotetical Mario Kart X Sonic Racing  based on a tweet (which i think is more a hint that Sonic could be in the next Mario Kart) are part of these exclusive games, i think it wouldn't make much sense, these are (now) usual NintendoXSega collaborations, don't think they would announce it as in :We've signed a deal...'' i think they mean 3 standalone Sonic games.

Some people said it in some other posts and as far as I remeber they had a link to SEGA saying it.

I see, i'll check out (that's stupid then)

I'm sorry.....but just....fuck.

Really. I know there ARE fanboys out there that actually think that way, that it's okey-dokey for PS or Xbox to have third party exclusive titles, but every single time a Nintendo console gets one, it's "SCREAM TO THE HEAVENS IN RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION!" time. And it's pathetic. EVERY console has every right to get third party exclusives. The thing that bothers me most, is the people who try to put forth the notion that "NO third party game should be exclusive, they should ALL be multiconsole"....but when they say that, they clearly mean they should all be available for PS/Xbox/PC. The subtext being that most of the people who try to argue that, clearly also don't give a flying fuck whether or not Nintendo's current console gets a single damn one of those multi-console ports. As in "oh well, it's just Nintendo".

That kind of flagrant hypocrisy within the "hardcore gamer" community (among many others) is why most of those types don't really deserve to be taken all that seriously. Fact of the matter is, Nintendo is the closest in spirit to the company Sega once was, as well as MOST of the franchises they used to make. Sonic immediately sold like hotcakes on Gamecube, because a lot of old Dreamcast owners moved on to their old rival Nintendo. It's a point of fact, not contention, that Sonic games have continually sold better on Nintendo platforms, be it portable or home, since Sega went 3rd party. And to further the point, Sega bothered finally making new Shinobi, Toejam & Earl and Panzer Dragoon games that should have been on Dreamcast, for PS2 and/or Xbox, and none of those really sold all that well. Chances are, those games would have sold better as GC exclusives.

But however you want to spin it, I fail to see how people are getting so up in arms over not getting "Sonic: Lost World" on their console. Sonic fans GOT their PS360 exclusive Sonic games in the shitty 06 title, and the decent Generations, and it's not as if those fans made those games blockerbuster successes. So what do they really expect? Honestly, Nintendo should have used some of that DS/Wii mountain of cash to secure an exclusive partnership with Sega a long time ago. Having Sega franchises only on their consoles would just be good business.

And considering the various 3rd party titles Wii U ISN'T getting, who honestly cares if they get a Sonic title or two? But that's the nature of certain fanboys. They exploded when Wii got things like Muramasa, or the Okami remake, or de Blob, or No More Heroes, or Monster Hunter Tri, or Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. And it's not different now, exploding over Bayonetta 2 or this new Sonic game. I'm sure somehow, a few Shin Megami fans even found some way to cry about not being able to play SMT x Fire Emblem on PS or Xbox. It gets that ridiculous sometimes.