By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Online Petition for Sega to stop Exclusive Partnership with Nintendo over Sonic (yes)

Do you think is unfair nintendo sings an exclusivity deal?

Yes, nintendo doesn't de... 97 14.63%

lol no 481 72.55%

... and you are? 85 12.82%

Total:663

Ah, the irony and the hypocrisy of it all. Notice that Nintendo fans haven't really made any effort to change EA's mind on their decision? And yet, Sony and MS fans post hundreds of threads about it... and then whinge when a publisher shows support for the Wii U.

Around the Network

Not going to happen
Specially when we consider that this is not a simple case of publishing a game from a Sega studio.
In fact, Nintendo is co-producing (then, also funding) those games. As it did in the past with games like F-Zero GX

There´s a bit of marketing strategy in this partnership. Many, many Nintendo fans, specially the older ones, also played a lot of Sega games during those "console wars" period, and have nostalgic feelings about Sega characters and franchises. Not a surprise that a lot of Genesis/Mega Drive classic Sega games are coming to the Eshop

kitler53 said:
i think this is great. if anyone can make sonic relevant and good again it's nintendo.

..now if valkyria chronicles went nintendo exclusive i'd be pissed.

Ohhhhh my god. That would be awful lol.

(Though it would be a very good game. I want to another battalion wars style game on this. Gamepad commands and what not. But seriously that would be hilarious.)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

kitler53 said:
i think this is great. if anyone can make sonic relevant and good again it's nintendo.

..now if valkyria chronicles went nintendo exclusive i'd be pissed.

Rogerioandrade said:
Not going to happen
Specially when we consider that this is not a simple case of publishing a game from a Sega studio.
In fact, Nintendo is co-producing (then, also funding) those games. As it did in the past with games like F-Zero GX

There´s a bit of marketing strategy in this partnership. Many, many Nintendo fans, specially the older ones, also played a lot of Sega games during those "console wars" period, and have nostalgic feelings about Sega characters and franchises. Not a surprise that a lot of Genesis/Mega Drive classic Sega games are coming to the Eshop

Are they still selling "A turma da Monica" comics?

Around the Network

Final Fantasy 7 came out exclusively for PS1, one of the few game I actually wanted to play. Was I sad about not getting it for N64? Yes.
Did I went out b*tch about it? No.
But to go about and make/sign petition to stop making a game I wanted to play being on another console that I didn't own? Bloody hell no!!!

I thought Bayonetta 2 was melt down, but if this is just Sonic fans, than is worse!
Do they need to be reminded that the first Sonic game, Sega published as a 3rd-party, right after they got out of the hardware bussiness was exclusively on a Nintendo console??? Did they forgot that?!?! O.o

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Aielyn said:
Ah, the irony and the hypocrisy of it all. Notice that Nintendo fans haven't really made any effort to change EA's mind on their decision? And yet, Sony and MS fans post hundreds of threads about it... and then whinge when a publisher shows support for the Wii U.

I didn't know the same people making threads here about EA were the ones to start this petition

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:
I didn't know the same people making threads here about EA were the ones to start this petition

I wasn't just referring to VGChartz.

These lame petition people will get their wish once Nintendo rejects Sega's offer to make their online network officially part of SegaNet.

It is fair. Microsoft did it with DLC, Sony did it with that game company so yes, it is good business.