By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA Sports Engineer: Wii U is crap, less powerful than 360. No money for 3rd parties.

Viper1 said:
Zero999 said:
Viper1 said:
When the senior software engineer for the second largest 3rd party video game developer takes the position of technology over innovation and gameplay, the industry truly is losing touch with the very heart and soul of video games.

I pity him and grow ever weary for the future of the industry.

I'm also worryied about the direction this industry is taking. look at this:

http://i.imgur.com/xW2jQMe.jpg

Games need desperately to get more challenging.

To quote myself on that same picture on a different forum:

This is why games are getting dumbed down and why in game tutorials have become a must. Nobody reads the damn manual anymore. Is it really hard to look at the controls page in the manual? And is it really worth taking a damn pic of your ignorance, plastering it on the Internet and then waiting for someone that is smart enough to read the manual to give you a frikkin clue? By the time you get a reply, you could have hit the now-built-into-the-game manual to see how to morph into a ball and been on your merry.

But NOOOO....because it's become cool to show your ignroance by posting yourself doing something stupid and going...lol, I'm stuck.

it's worse than that, they already used morph ball to get to that area. they're stuck because they don't know they're suposed to morph ball and then bomb.

there's also the others stuck in front of red doors with 5 unused missiles. in other words, they didn't even try shooting a single missile.

Around the Network
Nem said:
Wow... repeatadly saying their games arent coming to the Wii U isnt enough. They need to make stuff up.
The Wii U even had that update that increased the processor speed. There is absolutely no chance it isnt more powerful than the 360.
EA is now going from sad to pathetic. They dont seem to get the hint when they are voted worst company.

i think they do, that's why they try so hard to keep that title.

Zero999 said:
Viper1 said:
When the senior software engineer for the second largest 3rd party video game developer takes the position of technology over innovation and gameplay, the industry truly is losing touch with the very heart and soul of video games.

Has nothing to do with challenge. Games back then utilized backtracking because the maps were smaller. It was efficient development. Games dont always need that anymore. Those poor souls probably believed Metroid was a linear game. 

3rd parties don't sell well on Nintendo systems... except for all those music, fitness and party games that made 3rd parties like EA a nice chunk of change over the past gen, right?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

pezus said:
benao87 said:

Well, good for him for stating what he feels, but that's just unprofessional, and besides, the guy is a complete idiot claiming with his comments about the size of the PC market, and that this is gen4.

Lol, he removed his comments, guess he knows he was out of place.

OH SNAP, SON! What did he say about the PC?

OT: Reminds me of Adam Orth lol. Some people should learn to keep their trap shut when they have their name and job right there.

Can't really quote the exact thing, but he just stated that for them (probablyl just for EA Sports) the PC market was too small.

That went after he had stated that EA tried to buy Valve, or at least Steam, and  then questioned about the quality of Origin.

Around the Network

EA + Wii U threads are the gift that keeps on giving! ^_^

NightDragon83 said:
3rd parties don't sell well on Nintendo systems... except for all those music, fitness and party games that made 3rd parties like EA a nice chunk of change over the past gen, right?

Because Sonic, Resident Evil, Call of Duty, Goldeneye, and Epic Mickey are music/fitness/party games...

Viper1 said:
Zero999 said:
Viper1 said:

To quote myself on that same picture on a different forum:

This is why games are getting dumbed down and why in game tutorials have become a must. Nobody reads the damn manual anymore. Is it really hard to look at the controls page in the manual? And is it really worth taking a damn pic of your ignorance, plastering it on the Internet and then waiting for someone that is smart enough to read the manual to give you a frikkin clue? By the time you get a reply, you could have hit the now-built-into-the-game manual to see how to morph into a ball and been on your merry.

But NOOOO....because it's become cool to show your ignroance by posting yourself doing something stupid and going...lol, I'm stuck.

I saw this on NintendoLife, one poster said one fellow didn't even know how to go to the in-game-manual! XD

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Zero999 said:
Viper1 said:

Has nothing to do with challenge. Games back then utilized backtracking because the maps were smaller. It was efficient development. Games dont always need that anymore. Those poor souls probably believed Metroid was a linear game. 

Yes, it does. Part of Metroid's charm is figuring out how to traverse the map and reach previously inaccessible areas by using the items you get intelligently.

archbrix said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Zero999 said:
Viper1 said:

Yes, it does. Part of Metroid's charm is figuring out how to traverse the map and reach previously inaccessible areas by using the items you get intelligently.

I think if someone tells them that they'll be fine.