By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA Sports Engineer: Wii U is crap, less powerful than 360. No money for 3rd parties.

F0X said:
I wonder if "people saying things they shouldn't over Twitter and getting fired" will become increasingly common in this industry.

For a short while anyway.  The same thing happened to Atheletes a while back.

Around the Network

I think this pretty much proves there *was* something going on behind the scenes between EA and Nintendo. One of them seriously screwed the other one over (and considering how pissed EA is Nintendo did something stupid too).

If this was just a factual business decision EA wouldn't go on trashtalking the console and destroying their future business relations with Nintendo.

UncleScrooge said:
I think this pretty much proves there *was* something going on behind the scenes between EA and Nintendo. One of them seriously screwed the other one over (and considering how pissed EA is Nintendo did something stupid too).

If this was just a factual business decision EA wouldn't go on trashtalking the console and destroying their future business relations with Nintendo.

Keep in mind, this was totally just one dude who has no official spokesmanship like role.

That said, I'd say that something happened before then gen is likely due to the OTHER News that broke.  That they have 0 games in production.

They claimed unprecedented parternership nd then delivered a few old ports and some multiplatforms and they have nothing in development.

Which likely means any new IPs... or new games would have to have been scrapped nearly immediatly after they said that, otherwise you'd think they'd just be still releasing them due to how much they'd cost to that point.

How long has it been since the MS dude lost his job due to talking smack on twitter?

I guess thia guy is next to joint the unemployment queue. A pity because it looks like he's otherwise a nice family man.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
How long has it been since the MS dude lost his job due to talking smack on twitter?

I guess thia guy is next to joint the unemployment queue. A pity because it looks like he's otherwise a nice family man.

The sad part is... the VERY first thing i thought of when you said that?

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Some other tidbits -

Nintendo are still operating like it's 1990. They should have "done a Sega" and offered Mario/Zelda as PS4/Durango exclusives

It is an utterly intentional decision to focus our resources on markets which actually matter ... like mobile, and Gen4.

Yep, we've got plenty of problems, but WiiU isn't where that family/casual market is. It's on mobile/tablet now!

Trolling or fanboyism of the worst order, take your pick.

What the hell are you talking about, "Gen4"? If you're talking about home video game consoles, the Wii U/PS4 generation is the 8th, not 4th.

Wait until Wii Fit U, Mario, Mario Kart, etc., and the inevitable next iteration of Mario Paint (it's a no brainer with the GamePad) come out, before judging where the "family/casual" market is. Especially when the "Durango" has been rumored for ages to have Kinect tech built into it, and MS are clearly still chasing that market themselves.

Talal said:
That's just unprofessional.

Very hence the reason it looks like thye've been removed. He'll get a complete bashing by his boss for saying that shit as it will almost certainly be confidential.

UncleScrooge said:

It proves that it was cleary a business decision after analysing the Wii U market:

Yep, we've got plenty of problems, but WiiU isn't where that family/casual market is. It's on mobile/tablet now!

Quit with the nonsensical conspiracy theory bullshit because that is exactly what it is - utter, utter shit. EA isn't trash talking Nintendo; some idiotic software eng wrote twitter comments which he almost certainly isn't authorised to do so and he's defending EA's decision, not random bashing. Stop trying to spin this into something it isn't. 

Kasz216 said:

Keep in mind, this was totally just one dude who has no official spokesmanship like role.

That said, I'd say that something happened before then gen is likely due to the OTHER News that broke.  That they have 0 games in production.

They claimed unprecedented parternership nd then delivered a few old ports and some multiplatforms and they have nothing in development.

Which likely means any new IPs... or new games would have to have been scrapped nearly immediatly after they said that, otherwise you'd think they'd just be still releasing them due to how much they'd cost to that point.

Yeah, if this was just this guy going crazy on twitter it'd be a non-issue. It's everything combined and the total 180 they turned after e3 2011. 

Well, no official statement from EA yet then? Or are they not even bothering to explain their actions anymore?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.