By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA Sports Engineer: Wii U is crap, less powerful than 360. No money for 3rd parties.

think-man said:
Will I get banned if I say I kinda agree with him?

Yes.

Around the Network
think-man said:

I only really agree about the 3rd parties making no money, I don't no if the WiiU is crap since I've never tried it.

Well that's all you had to say. I bet most people will agree with your first statement as Nintendo gamers only buy Nintendo games...

So this is the mind of EA huh? Sad, I really don't care because all the games that they make are the same. Just new players and graphics. Nothing gameplay wise or anything. Wii U isn't crap. Just because it isn't the most powerful thing on the planet doesn't mean it sucks. Nintendo will change their mind I'm sure. When you think about it, they're not hastening their own extinction, the powerful ones are. Pretty soon, there won't be a difference between a high end PC and a console.

Nem said:
think-man said:

If you like beeing wrong, go right ahead. :P

edit: i see you replied to the other guy and specified what you mean. It isnt right aswell. Ubi soft managed to make good money, SEGA manages to make good money. You need to know the audience and what kind of product works. You cant just shove anything in there and expect it to be a sucess. Thats what marketing is for (product) and if 3rd parties cant sell their games its because their marketing sucks. Companies go after costumers, not the other way around (though some are that faithful).

The thing is that in a hardcore audience, almost anything sells if you advertise enough, no matter how crap it is.

Yeah I don't no the in's and outs but I tend to see alot of threads with companies opting not to bring their games to the WiiU, so I kinda concluded they aren't making enough money to justify bringing it to the console. I know there are some good 3rd party companies like ubisoft that are supporting the WiiU (even the vita) with games but they are a minority.

Mazty said:
UncleScrooge said:

Could you please stop this now? I got it: I have no idea about anything going on in this world and you are only interested in the hard, un-emotional side of this. Can we move on? There's no need to rage on me every single time. 

Going down the route of denial and conspiracy theories helps absolutely no one so look at the evidence and assess that rather than ignoring it. 

For god's sake! This is madness! Cats 'n' dogs sleeping together! Ducks on the moon! 

Around the Network
think-man said:
Nem said:
think-man said:

If you like beeing wrong, go right ahead. :P

edit: i see you replied to the other guy and specified what you mean. It isnt right aswell. Ubi soft managed to make good money, SEGA manages to make good money. You need to know the audience and what kind of product works. You cant just shove anything in there and expect it to be a sucess. Thats what marketing is for (product) and if 3rd parties cant sell their games its because their marketing sucks. Companies go after costumers, not the other way around (though some are that faithful).

The thing is that in a hardcore audience, almost anything sells if you advertise enough, no matter how crap it is.

Yeah I don't no the in's and outs but I tend to see alot of threads with companies opting not to bring their games to the WiiU, so I kinda concluded they aren't making enough money to justify bringing it to the console. I know there are some good 3rd party companies like ubisoft that are supporting the WiiU (even the vita) with games but they are a minority.

Thats your hint as to wich companies have good marketing and product development and wich ones dont.

The userbase of a Nintendo console is more family friendly. If you put a Call of Duty HARDCORE AWESOME HEADSHOT, its probably not gonna sell that well. Now, if you release Skylanders touch and go, suddenly you have a sucessful product. Apparantly EA is so incompetent they cant see that.

Ubisoft games are generally more familly acceptable than EA ones. Mainly because EA favors shooters, and those dont do well on a family envyronment. Platformers and Action adventure are always gonna do better on Nintendo systems. EA uses the recipe of Shooter = million seller and then they QQ when their magic formula doesnt get eaten up by regular families.

I ain't a big Ninty supporter but I do hope they turn the Wii U around. So EA can eat crow.

You guys looking at this all wrong.

Take your obsessed gaming hat off and actually look at when he said. All legitimate stuff in my opinion. It's twitter, he can say what he likes and he'd know more than any of you lot.

Honestly, the Nintendo defense force are starting to rival SDF.

He clearly knows his he will have had first hand experience with the Wii0U. How about talking about what he said from a technical angle?

fillet said:

Take your obsessed gaming hat off and actually look at when he said. All legitimate stuff in my opinion. It's twitter, he can say what he likes and he'd know more than any of you lot.

He clearly knows his he will have had first hand experience with the Wii0U. How about talking about what he said from a technical angle?

What technical details are listed in this tweet?

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

fillet said:

I may not be tech junky, but sorry lad. Even Precurser Game said something could be wrong with EA on how they do with WiiU, even the guys that made Most Wanted done it with the PC engine. But to be fare with EA, none uses the Frostbyte engine.
So yeah, the discussion can go either way... And probably nowhere. -_-'

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!