By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA Sports Engineer: Wii U is crap, less powerful than 360. No money for 3rd parties.

Mazty said:

It proves that it was cleary a business decision after analysing the Wii U market:

Yep, we've got plenty of problems, but WiiU isn't where that family/casual market is. It's on mobile/tablet now!

Quit with the nonsensical conspiracy theory bullshit because that is exactly what it is - utter, utter shit. EA isn't trash talking Nintendo; some idiotic software eng wrote twitter comments which he almost certainly isn't authorised to do so and he's defending EA's decision, not random bashing. Stop trying to spin this into something it isn't. 

Could you please stop this now? I got it: I have no idea about anything going on in this world and you are only interested in the hard, un-emotional side of this. Can we move on? There's no need to rage on me every single time. 

Around the Network
Arcturus said:

Those are some harsh criticisms. That's a really unprofessional way to express them.

Maybe so... never the less it looks more and more likely that EA is actually saying it while other 3rd party companies nod. Its a simple fact. Nintendo f***ed themselves with the WiiU, and it has an even worse 3rd party crisis on his hand then what the GC had during its mid cycle.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Lets start an online petition to get this guy fired. I mean people at microsoft get fired for saying "whats the problem with being always online? my phone is"

So this should be reason enough to fire the guy twice!

Smeags said:
Tweets have been removed. Go back to your homes. Nothin' to see here.

seems some one is trying to prevent to be Adam Orthed by EA.

deal with it.

UncleScrooge said:
Mazty said:

It proves that it was cleary a business decision after analysing the Wii U market:

Yep, we've got plenty of problems, but WiiU isn't where that family/casual market is. It's on mobile/tablet now!

Quit with the nonsensical conspiracy theory bullshit because that is exactly what it is - utter, utter shit. EA isn't trash talking Nintendo; some idiotic software eng wrote twitter comments which he almost certainly isn't authorised to do so and he's defending EA's decision, not random bashing. Stop trying to spin this into something it isn't. 

Could you please stop this now? I got it: I have no idea about anything going on in this world and you are only interested in the hard, un-emotional side of this. Can we move on? There's no need to rage on me every single time. 

Going down the route of denial and conspiracy theories helps absolutely no one so look at the evidence and assess that rather than ignoring it. 

Around the Network

Will I get banned if I say I kinda agree with him?

RolStoppable said:
Good, good. Twitter has its purpose. People show how companies really think inside.

Too bad Nintendo is too professional to let EA know how they feel...

think-man said:

No. Sometimes people just have to say what they have to say. I'm sure some members already knew that others (like you) would agree.

NintendoPie said:
think-man said:

No. Sometimes people just have to say what they have to say. I'm sure some members already knew that others (like you) would agree.

I only really agree about the 3rd parties making no money, I don't no if the WiiU is crap since I've never tried it.

think-man said:

If you like beeing wrong, go right ahead. :P

edit: i see you replied to the other guy and specified what you mean. It isnt right aswell. Ubi soft managed to make good money, SEGA manages to make good money. You need to know the audience and what kind of product works. You cant just shove anything in there and expect it to be a sucess. Thats what marketing is for (product) and if 3rd parties cant sell their games its because their marketing sucks. Companies go after costumers, not the other way around (though some are that faithful).

The thing is that in a hardcore audience, almost anything sells if you advertise enough, no matter how crap it is.