By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Lost World exclusive for Wii U and 3DS

Anari said:
osed125 said:

This further proofs my point that Nintendo is looking for exclusive content. They do not care about the multiplats, they are making partnerships to get games for themselves. A smart move imo. 

Yep. Came to this conclusion a while ago as well.

I think they came out and plainly said it during the January Wii U ND, right before they showed the FE X SMT clip.

Around the Network

This is good to see. Although it's not Nintendo securing stuff off the beaten path (like Bayonetta 2) which would be still more welcome, we are at least seeing signs of them being proactive on the third party front

And now a third party game shall grace my top 5 most anticipated again. Or at least later once we see some screenies.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

spurgeonryan said:
People think Bayonetta is going to be big? No. It will be a nice exclusive, but was never going to be a huge seller.
This game on the other hand, will be huge if it has a high Metacritic. Looks amazing so far.

It's the biggest "exclusive" Nintendo has going for it outside of the main Nintendo IP.

(Delete, misunderstood)

spurgeonryan said:
Soundwave said:
spurgeonryan said:
People think Bayonetta is going to be big? No. It will be a nice exclusive, but was never going to be a huge seller.
This game on the other hand, will be huge if it has a high Metacritic. Looks amazing so far.

It's the biggest "exclusive" Nintendo has going for it outside of the main Nintendo IP.

you talking about Bayonetta or Sonic?

I do not care how big of an exclusive Bayonetta is. It will not be pushing out multi-millions. But this is for another thread. sonic will.

Eh neither Bayonetta or Sonic are "pushing out multi-millions", but I was talking about Bayonetta.

Sonic Colors on the massive Wii userbase sold 1.47 million worldwide according to VGC, expect about half of that for a Sonic game on Wii U (given the userbase difference being huge).

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
spurgeonryan said:
Soundwave said:
spurgeonryan said:

I do not care how big of an exclusive Bayonetta is. It will not be pushing out multi-millions. But this is for another thread. sonic will.

Eh neither Bayonetta or Sonic are "pushing out multi-millions", but I was talking about Bayonetta.

Sonic Colors on the massive Wii userbase sold 1.47 million worldwide according to VGC, expect about half of that for a Sonic game on Wii U (given the userbase difference being huge).

So you're tipping Bayonetta 2 to outsell Sonic Lost World?

curl-6 said:
Soundwave said:
spurgeonryan said:
Soundwave said:
spurgeonryan said:

So you're tipping Bayonetta 2 to outsell Sonic Lost World?

Nope, probably 700-900k for Sonic Lost World and 400-500k for Bayonetta. But Bayonetta will bring in more people who normally probably wouldn't touch a Nintendo console, whereas Sonic won't.

spurgeonryan said:
Soundwave said:
spurgeonryan said:
Soundwave said:

I think Sonic will be more of a system seller than Mario has been for the Wii U. Sonic has better sales on the Wii. Am I right? Was colors Wii exclusive?

Yes it was.

spurgeonryan said:
Soundwave said:
spurgeonryan said:
Soundwave said:

I think Sonic will be more of a system seller than Mario has been for the Wii U. Sonic has better sales on the Wii. Am I right? Was colors Wii exclusive?

Errrr what? Sonic is more of a system seller than Mario now?

Yes Sonic Colors was exclusive for the Wii. The Lost World game is probably being made by the same team.

That pic has me excited I need!! ma gameplay though!!!