By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Lost World exclusive for Wii U and 3DS

This further proofs my point that Nintendo is looking for exclusive content. They do not care about the multiplats, they are making partnerships to get games for themselves. A smart move imo. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

i loved sonic as a kid, but i feel that haven't met the bar, much less raised it, with sonic since the genesis. Hopefully nintendo has some creative juice to add to this tired franchise. Colors was ok. Side scrolling stuff was cool, but i hated the 3d stuff.

I guess this is from the Nintendo Direct?

The way they worded the announcement, it sounds like Nintendo secured the Sonic franchise meaning future games may be Nintendo exclusive. I would have to watch the ND again. Which could be a good thing for Sega since Sonic has been in a slump lately, and desperately needs a good game. Maybe we will be able to see a cross over RPG made in the vein of Sonic Chronicles for the 3DS.

osed125 said:

This further proofs my point that Nintendo is looking for exclusive content. They do not care about the multiplats, they are making partnerships to get games for themselves. A smart move imo. 

Indeed that is the case. Nintendo is a smart company, and they know that they are not welcome'd by the mainstream industry in the US. They have been blocked in engines and support. As such, they are doing something very smart wich is partnerships to produce exclusive games. Nintendo is providing programmers and designers to help with the projects. For struggling companies like SEGA this is a great opportunity.

I advised Nintendo to outright buy SEGA instead, but the partnership with shared risk is also a very smart decision.

Its here though, Mario and Sonic are exclusive to the same system. We all knew it was a matter of time after SEGA went under and had to merge.

How insane would it be if this collaboration extended to Yakuza and Valkyria chronicles?!

Around the Network
Nem said:
osed125 said:

Indeed that is the case. Nintendo is a smart company, and they know that they are not welcome'd by the mainstream industry in the US. They have been blocked in engines and support. As such, they are doing something very smart wich is partnerships to produce exclusive games. Nintendo is providing programmers and designers to help with the projects. For struggling companies like SEGA this is a great opportunity.

I advised Nintendo to outright buy SEGA instead, but the partnership with shared risk is also a very smart decision.

Its here though, Mario and Sonic are exclusive to the same system. We all knew it was a matter of time after SEGA went under and had to merge.

How insane would it be if this collaboration extended to Yakuza and Valkyria chronicles?!

SEGA is way too big to be bought.

Lucas-Rio said:
Nem said:
osed125 said:

SEGA is way too big to be bought.

Not anymore they arent. And Nintendo has more than enough money. The problem is Sammy. No one wants the sammy side, so it cant be an outright bought.

osed125 said:

Sega made exclusive Sonic titles for the Wii too.

I don't think this represents a change in anything.

Soundwave said:
osed125 said:

Sega made exclusive Sonic titles for the Wii too.

I don't think this represents a change in anything.

This is the beggining of a new generation and its a partnership with nintendo directly involved in the development. It might be a thing for the whole cycle, especially given the way SEGA has reduced their development capabilities last year.

The quote was "We have entered into a worldwide partnership with Sega on the Sonic Franchise." So it sounds like Nintendo is going to get a few Sonic games. I wonder if they are lending Sega some developers.