By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Lost World exclusive for Wii U and 3DS

FUCK YEA SEGA!!! THATS MY BABIES!!!

Around the Network

My first thought when I saw that concept picture was 'Super Mario Galaxy'.

As long as they improve on Colours and don't go back to making crap we should be in for a treat.

Sonic is still - to my surprise - a very significant franchise with potential sales in the 2-4 million range for solo titles, much more when he partners with Mario.

Bayonetta isn't nearly as big, but as said, does much more to deversify Nintendo's portfolio. Another 2-3 titles like that would be very fresh.

forest-spirit said:
As long as they improve on Colours and don't go back to making crap we should be in for a treat.

Are people officially "shipping" Nintega (Nintendo + Sega) now?

Around the Network

I dont want to crap on anyone's parade but i remember something very similar happened with the GC, they had "exclusive" partnership back then too in terms of Sonic but then it turned out to be not so exclusive. Not really a bad thing as GC got aot of Sonic love, but i wouldnt be surprised if history repeats itself

TheLastStarFighter said:
Sonic is still - to my surprise - a very significant franchise with potential sales in the 2-4 million range for solo titles, much more when he partners with Mario.

Bayonetta isn't nearly as big, but as said, does much more to deversify Nintendo's portfolio. Another 2-3 titles like that would be very fresh.

I think the Mario & Sonic games capitalized on the mini-game sports craze earlier in the Wii's life span.

I wouldn't count on sales like that again (see Mario & Sonic London Games on 3DS).

oniyide said:
I dont want to crap on anyone's parade but i remember something very similar happened with the GC, they had "exclusive" partnership back then too in terms of Sonic but then it turned out to be not so exclusive. Not really a bad thing as GC got aot of Sonic love, but i wouldnt be surprised if history repeats itself

Eh, GC got the important stuff: Adventure 2, Adventure Deluxe, timed exclusivity on Heroes. Shadow may have been simultaneous, but... that's Shadow...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
oniyide said:

Eh, GC got the important stuff: Adventure 2, Adventure Deluxe, timed exclusivity on Heroes. Shadow may have been simultaneous, but... that's Shadow...

two ports of old games are important now? YOu must how low expectations or have a seriously warped idea of "important". Timed exclusivity? the other two came out a week after the GC one, (PS2 sales still blew the other two out the water despite being the worst version). NOw Mega Collection, was timed exclusive not that it matter because PS2/XBOX got a much better version of it(still pissed at that since i got the damn Cube version, woulda waited). Shadow is Shadow. Gems Collection was exclusive in the US but hardly anyone cared at that point.

oniyide said:
Mr Khan said:
oniyide said:

two ports of old games are important now? YOu must how low expectations or have a seriously warped idea of "important". Timed exclusivity? the other two came out a week after the GC one, (PS2 sales still blew the other two out the water despite being the worst version). NOw Mega Collection, was timed exclusive not that it matter because PS2/XBOX got a much better version of it(still pissed at that since i got the damn Cube version, woulda waited). Shadow is Shadow. Gems Collection was exclusive in the US but hardly anyone cared at that point.

Sonic Adventure 2 is the second-best game of all time.

Important.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.