By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Lost World exclusive for Wii U and 3DS

What im most excited about this game is that its co-developed by Nintendo. I'm expecting a rise in quality.

Around the Network

so stoked to hear this, awesome news. Makes me wonder if it will be a 3d or 2d platformer. I would so get this game

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

Its happening
It took 23 years to make a proper 3D Sonic
Thank you Nintendo again love you cheers congrats

Sega Nintendo alliance announced for three Sonic exclusives on Wii U and 3DS

Mario & Sonic Winter Games! Sonic: Lost World! Something else!

Sega and Nintendo have joined forces for the release of three Sonic games exclusively on the Wii U and 3DS.

The exclusive partnership is for the next three Sonic games to be released, which Nintendo will publish. Two of these were announced during today's Nintendo Direct conference: Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games for Wii U (more in the video below), and action adventure platformer Sonic Lost World for Wii U and 3DS (image below). Sega said the mystery third Sonic game will be revealed at a later date.

Sonic: Lost World for Wii U and 3DS.

"Sonic the Hedgehog has performed incredibly well on Nintendo platforms and this exclusive partnership is a natural fit for the next evolution of Sonic games," Sega Europe boss Jurgen Post said.

"The Wii U and Nintendo 3DS are ideal platforms to showcase Sonic and we are looking forward to working with Nintendo on these three exciting adventures."

News of Nintendo and Sega's partnership comes just a day after EA confirmed it has no Wii U games in development.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-17-sega-nintendo-alliance-announced-for-three-sonic-exclusives-on-wii-u-and-3ds

Mr Khan said:
oniyide said:
Mr Khan said:
oniyide said:
I dont want to crap on anyone's parade but i remember something very similar happened with the GC, they had "exclusive" partnership back then too in terms of Sonic but then it turned out to be not so exclusive. Not really a bad thing as GC got aot of Sonic love, but i wouldnt be surprised if history repeats itself

Eh, GC got the important stuff: Adventure 2, Adventure Deluxe, timed exclusivity on Heroes. Shadow may have been simultaneous, but... that's Shadow...

two ports of old games are important now? YOu must how low expectations or have a seriously warped idea of "important". Timed exclusivity? the other two came out a week after the GC one, (PS2 sales still blew the other two out the water despite being the worst version). NOw Mega Collection, was timed exclusive not that it matter because PS2/XBOX got a much better version of it(still pissed at that since i got the damn Cube version, woulda waited). Shadow is Shadow. Gems Collection was exclusive in the US but hardly anyone cared at that point.

Sonic Adventure 2 is the second-best game of all time.

Important.

if you say so, its probably one of the worst 3d SOnics IMHO, unless you like NOT playing as Sonic for most of the game.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Mr Khan said:

Important.

if you say so, its probably one of the worst 3d SOnics IMHO, unless you like NOT playing as Sonic for most of the game.

One point where i've long been at odds with other gamers. I loved the treasure-hunting and mech-walker sections (treasure hunting moreso), though i can understand why others would think differently.

Helps that it was my first-ever Sonic game, so i don't experience any of the "this game shouldn't be like this" dissonance.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

On a side note, it confuses how Sega has this idea that Sonic only does well on Ninty platforms, when we have evidence that is simply not true, if anything SOnic does best on the console that is doing the best, sales wise (PS2,Wii).

Mr Khan said:
oniyide said:
Mr Khan said:

Important.

One point where i've long been at odds with other gamers. I loved the treasure-hunting and mech-walker sections (treasure hunting moreso), though i can understand why others would think differently.

Helps that it was my first-ever Sonic game, so i don't experience any of the "this game shouldn't be like this" dissonance.

So you essentianally dont like the parts that are actually Sonic? Sorry i cant take you seriously on this matter.

oniyide said:
Mr Khan said:
oniyide said:
Mr Khan said:

Important.

So you essentianally dont like the parts that are actually Sonic? Sorry i cant take you seriously on this matter.

huh?.....where'd he say that?

oniyide said:
Mr Khan said:
oniyide said:
Mr Khan said:

Important.

No, i liked all the parts equally (except the driving portions, route 101 and 280)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.