By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Can we officially call Nintendo games that rise to the top quickly "blue shells?"

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
Salnax said:
Can we officially call Nintendo games that rise to the top quickly "blue shells?"

Sure, but then we all have to hate them =P

Anyways GOO Freedom Wars!!! I might start getting a comparison chart ready for this one.

SSB self destructed, YW2 takes the top spot in 3,2,1...

POE said:
When will you listen to me??? Mario Kart won´t leave the top spot!

It'll leave it tomorrow. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

tbone51 said:
NintendoPie said:
It seems Mario Kart 8's "First Place" was short lived anyway. Now we can see the true king take the top.

lol, your negativity never cease to amaze me. I was wondering how you can downplay MK8 today -_-

Most people do not think these comments are negative.

And it was another good day for them. A lot of new titles getting preorders.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Well at least people can't say MK didn't reach the top spot. It did albeit for an extremely short time. Yokai Watch is that much of a beast it seems... :(

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
POE said:
When will you listen to me??? Mario Kart won´t leave the top spot!

It'll leave it tomorrow. 

Nope.

It will leave tomorrow, IF today's gameplay presentation at Nico Nico Chokaigi doesn't stir up alot of preorders, but IF it does stir alot of preorders, Mario Kart 8 will maintain its top spot, till Tuesday atleast.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Retagging.

ryuzaki57 said:
benao87 said:

I think the Diva series are in a more difficult position than Mirai, at this point. Releasing the title simultaneously for the PSV and the PS3 didn't bring any more sales (1), and the PS3 will never reach the 160k the first one got. And we still have to see how close the PSV version can crawl to the 200k the first one did (2)

The franchise will have a rough time increasing its numbers (3), and Sega must think the upcoming sequels under that reality.

(1) then Mirai is the underperforming one since it sells only 135K on a 15m userbase, while Diva sells 180 FW on a 12m userbase AND at a higher price.

(2) Vita Diva F is at 212K in Japan LTD. And as I said, there are western sales to consider for both. I've been thinking a lot on that question because I'm writing an article on it and I realized something : when Diva F released in 2012-early 2013 westerners had to import because localisation was still unlikely. But since Diva F reached the west in summer 2013 and Diva F 2nd is already confirmed for the west, all those import sales that inflated the japanese sales of Diva F will be postponed in the case of Diva F 2nd, hence diminishing the japanese figure. 

(3) it doesn't have to : Diva F 2nd contains track from Diva 2nd on PSP, so the license for those are already acquired and the game costs less to produce. Nothing prevents Sega to do an F Extend with some tracks from Extend PSP and rely on the existing fanbase which is still faithful. But I agree that a new trilogy will be more risky for them.  

Yeah, Diva is not underperforming, it's doing great! Don't worry, before we'll notice it will sell 400k combined, and Sega will decide that they've been really wrong about how they manage their IP. They'll cancel all prospects of making Mirai sequels, and move all resources to make more Diva ones. They'll even start producing games for PS4, that way otakus can buy the same game three times.

Interesting developments in the charts for today. Seems someone got fed up with waiting for a SSB release date as well.

Anyhow, Yokai Watch soon to be at the top; goodbye, Mario Kart 8. At least you are bringing in good points daily.