By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Kresnik said:
Symbios63 said:

Considering the launch of the PS4 in the west, I was expecting the PS4 pre order to be stronger for this  game as compared to PS3 preorder (something like 50/50).

I know the install base is off course bigger for PS3 but this may be a sign that Japanese are not so much in a rush to make the switch. (Still 51 weeks to go, it may be too early to tell anyway)

@ bold - Not a single PS4 game outsold its PS3 counterpart so far, though (aside from Need for Speed which is a bit of an odd case).  Most of them haven't sold even close.  Expecting it from Yakuza seems a bit of a stretch.

@ underlined - They're not, and I don't think anyone should be expecting them to.  They're still buying PSP's!  

Yeah, you got a good point here. And from what I quickly checked, the ratio PS3/PS4 is not consistant between games so it will not be possible to use that either as an early (and weak) indicator for PS4 expected launch in Japan. (which was the initial idea)

Anyway, thanks for the answer.

Around the Network
Symbios63 said:
Zero999 said:
Symbios63 said:
Nice increase again for Kirby.

Am I the only one surprised by the fact Yakusa Ishin is only going up on PS3 ?

what's the surprise?

Considering the launch of the PS4 in the west, I was expecting the PS4 pre order to be stronger for this  game as compared to PS3 preorder (something like 50/50).

I know the install base is off course bigger for PS3 but this may be a sign that Japanese are not so much in a rush to make the switch. (Still 51 weeks to go, it may be too early to tell anyway)

51 days you mean! lol If it was 51 weeks and Yakuza already charted then MH/Pokemon numbers confirmed. xD

Kirby is doing amazingly!

Love and tolerate.

Kresnik said:
Something something Kirby! Something something love the pink guy! etc.

Really though, doing surprisingly well. You go Glen Coco.

Vita island makes me laugh.

Reminds me of this

Also this makes me remember how Toukiden kind of came out of nowhere.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Kirby sucks!

Around the Network

Kirby rules!

Vita island lol

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Sword Art Online could be big in 4 months....meanwhile PS4 is getting no love.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

EricFabian said:
Kirby will leave the chart at number one

I suppose there are few less ambitious predictions than this.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
EricFabian said:
Kirby will leave the chart at number one

I suppose there are few less ambitious predictions than this.

I said Kirby (before he enter the chartz) he been on top here