By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

tbone51 said:
think-man said:

Well I don't think Yokai Watch 3 will destroy FFXV anyway lol it might beat it but 'destroy' is a bit of wishful thinking on Merets part.

Destroy? Nah but it will beat it very comfortably imo in japan. FFXV up in the air. It could do as little as 1.2mil lifetime, the average guess 1.4mil-1.9mil lifetime, or as high as 2mil-2.5mil lifetime. YW3 should do minimum 3mil. So it'll "Destroy" it, if FFXV bombs with under 1.4mil.

Exactly.

Also, pre-orders for YW3 opened today. So soon the game will conquer COMG chart D: And then Pokemon Sun / Moon.

@outlawauron Well, it's not my problem that Final Fantasy loosing it.  http://www.vgchartz.com/article/263994/tabata-final-fantasy-was-considered-a-dying-ip-situation-was-grave/ 

Around the Network

Slow day, hope we see some movement during the weekend

Meret said:
tbone51 said:

Destroy? Nah but it will beat it very comfortably imo in japan. FFXV up in the air. It could do as little as 1.2mil lifetime, the average guess 1.4mil-1.9mil lifetime, or as high as 2mil-2.5mil lifetime. YW3 should do minimum 3mil. So it'll "Destroy" it, if FFXV bombs with under 1.4mil.

Exactly.

Also, pre-orders for YW3 opened today. So soon the game will conquer COMG chart D: And then Pokemon Sun / Moon.

@outlawauron Well, it's not my problem that Final Fantasy loosing it.  http://www.vgchartz.com/article/263994/tabata-final-fantasy-was-considered-a-dying-ip-situation-was-grave/ 

Lol sells pretty nice for a dying IP. It'll outsell every single WiiU title an probably most the 3ds catalog

think-man said:
tbone51 said:

Where in a japanese thread. WW doesnt matter here.  :p

Well I don't think Yokai Watch 3 will destroy FFXV anyway lol it might beat it but 'destroy' is a bit of wishful thinking on Merets part.

Yokay Watch 3 will most likely outsell Final Fantasy XV by 2:1.

Probabily even More. I think The word destroy seem legit.

One Piece......................

Around the Network

Yo-Kai Watch is the most popular franchise in Japan right now. It will beat everything this year. I don't know why FFXV is singled out.

After some time away from the list, it's good to see there's games I'm in on it.

Go for it AA6, Kirby and Etrian~~~

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Boutros said:

Yo-Kai Watch is the most popular franchise in Japan right now. It will beat everything this year. I don't know why FFXV is singled out.

Because the ps4 is king of the world so people like seeing it beaten in certain cases.  Another example is Pokken v sfv.  Small wins are better than none. 

Meret said:
tbone51 said:

Youkai Watch now is a bigger IP than Final Fantasy was at its peak. So, are you just trying to "beat" FF15?

Edit: Actually it falls just short of Final Fantasy 8, but just short.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Boutros said:

I think it's too early to say that it'll beat Pokemon Sun/Moon. Pokemon X/Y sold more than any Yokai Watch game so far, so even if Sun/Moon declines a bit (which I expect it to), unless YW3 shows substantial growth, S/M could pretty easily edge out a win.

Edit: Oh but yeah, the comparisons with FFXV are nonsensical. 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread