By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

GProgrammer said:
zorg1000 said:

Pokemon might have something to say about that

Actually the biggest franchise in Japan based on players and revenue and number of copies are mobile games, eg Monster Strike or Puzzle & Dragons

well obviously free things "sell" better

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
zorg1000 said:

Pokemon might have something to say about that

I personally don't think so. Assuming Yo-Kai Watch 3 doesn't have its legs cut out by a new version the way 2 was. The original release of Yo-Kai Watch 2 could have outsold Pokémon X/Y had it not been for the third version.

perhaps but its probably safe to say there is a large overlap between YW2 & YW2.5 owners. We will just have to see how YW3 & S/M do against one another.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Well Yokai launches in July, by July FFXV would still be cracking single digits lol I think SE maybe opened the pre orders too early aswell. 3 months would have been enough, they've opted for 6 months of hype.

zorg1000 said:
GProgrammer said:

Actually the biggest franchise in Japan based on players and revenue and number of copies are mobile games, eg Monster Strike or Puzzle & Dragons

if you mean 'sell' as in make more money, then yes those 'free' games do make more money than the not free Yo-Kai Watch game

GProgrammer said:
zorg1000 said:

if you mean 'sell' as in make more money, then yes those 'free' games do make more money than the not free Yo-Kai Watch game

no i mean sell as in give something for the exchange  of money, the definition of the word sell. Millions of people spend ¥5000 or so to play Pokemon/Yokai Watch. How much do people spend to play Monster Strike/Puzzles & Dragons?

Around the Network

Dang, slow day. At least AA6 got a point.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Gooo One Piece!!!

Poor Digimon... Could never compete with Pokemon for 15 years. Meanwhile Yo-Kai has been around for 2 years and its fighting it out at Pokemon's level.

zorg1000 said:
GProgrammer said:

no i mean sell as in give something for the exchange  of money, the definition of the word sell. Millions of people spend ¥5000 or so to play Pokemon/Yokai Watch. How much do people spend to play Monster Strike/Puzzles & Dragons?

You really don't know? OK I'll tell you, both Monster Strike/Puzzles & Dragons are Billion Dollar franchises, thats Billion with a B, have a google you'll be shocked how much they earn especially in Japan. I'm not happy with it that mobile games far outearn actual gamemachine games but thats how it is nowadays especially just in Japan

GProgrammer said:
zorg1000 said:

You really don't know? OK I'll tell you, both Monster Strike/Puzzles & Dragons are Billion Dollar franchises, thats Billion with a B, have a google you'll be shocked how much they earn especially in Japan. I'm not happy with it that mobile games far outearn actual gamemachine games but thats how it is nowadays especially just in Japan

Is there a list of the top 10 gaming franchises in Japan?  Console,  pc, mobile,  handheld all included.