By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Skullwaker said:
Boutros said:

Yo-Kai Watch is the most popular franchise in Japan right now. It will beat everything this year. I don't know why FFXV is singled out.

I think it's too early to say that it'll beat Pokemon Sun/Moon. Pokemon X/Y sold more than any Yokai Watch game so far, so even if Sun/Moon declines a bit (which I expect it to), unless YW3 shows substantial growth, S/M could pretty easily edge out a win.

Edit: Oh but yeah, the comparisons with FFXV are nonsensical. 

Is it possible YW3 will decline aswell?  Maybe a little bit of burnout.  Including the spin offs, a lot of titles in a few years.  Kind like DQ but to a much lesser extent.  

Although I expect it to grow and this to be the series peak. 

Around the Network
ZODIARKrebirth said:
Slow day, hope we see some movement during the weekend

Oh! There will be some movement on the weekends! Its just the only numbers moving is on the far left of the chart! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Won't YW3 sell more then the entire PS4 install base? FFXV really has no chance...

Farsala said:
Won't YW3 sell more then the entire PS4 install base? FFXV really has no chance...

Ha lol! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Boutros said:

Yo-Kai Watch is the most popular franchise in Japan right now. It will beat everything this year. I don't know why FFXV is singled out.

Pokemon might have something to say about that

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Boutros said:

I personally don't think so. Assuming Yo-Kai Watch 3 doesn't have its legs cut out by a new version the way 2 was. The original release of Yo-Kai Watch 2 could have outsold Pokémon X/Y had it not been for the third version.

Another poor day. But at least most of the points went to Playstation titles.

zorg1000 said:
Boutros said:

Actually the biggest franchise in Japan based on players and revenue and number of copies are mobile games, eg Monster Strike or Puzzle & Dragons

I know it's not a Yo-Kai Watch thread, but I do think this third release will have a better opening than the second but worse legs. Not too much worse though, mostly because the update gonna give the game a little bit of lifespan but the Yo-Kai Watch franchise has diminished a little bit in last months.