By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Good for Freedom Wars on the sell-through; a little amusing but not surprising at the lack of Hyrule Warriors, and also Smash Bros and Tales surprise entries.

Coupled with the insane boosts of the top three and it's been a pretty good day all round. So...let's keep things nice and calm, alright?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
think-man said:
tbone51 said:

That's on the low side for me, One piece was a new Warriors IP and managed 660k FW and 850K LTD in Japan, Dynasty Warriors Gundum was a new IP and did 170k FW and 300k LTD in Japan, Fist of the North star was a new IP and managed 370k FW and 550k LTD in Japan even warriors of Troy an unpopular title made from a western studio managed 32K FW 70k LTD in Japan. 

40k FW is a downright flop in my eyes. Has to be at least 150k FW which is still on the low side when even Dynasty Warriors spin off like Empires or Xtreme Legends can pull close to those numbers.

2 things.

1. One Piece as i follow it (favorite Manga), isnt a fair comparison. One Piece at that time destroyed all others in Manga Sales. Its unbelievably popular over there. One year it sold over 30mil copies, in the same year 2nd-9th added all together couldn't top it in sales

2. I get what you mean about the DW franchise, and in normal circumstance i would agree, but your not looking at the entire picture. SM3DW in Nov managed to sell 99k FW..... 99k for a MARIO PLATFORMER!!!!!!!! Expecting Hyrule Warriors to do 1.5x that at LEAST is crazy o.O

but i cant change your mind, i hope it does well. I kno on amazon it has about the same number of pre orders as that big vita game coming up in july currently!

Hey T, let's send positive vibes to Japan and hope for a 100k FW sales (there are fans around and 3 SKU are a rare eent for a Nintendo release) plus a bundle?... I will be very happy with 250k LT.

But 1 million WW LT would be amazing!

Let's aim to taht, we can say we were wrong afterwards!!!

Switch!!!

I knew Smash Bros Wii U would show up! I didn't want to jinx it

tbone51 said:
Found on gaf

first day selthrough

freedom wars 70-80%
taiko 30%
kamen rider wiiu 30% ps3 50%
watch dogs ps4 50-60% ps3 40%
girls and panzer bad%??

Seems as though FW will be doing well digitally! 160k-180k FW!?

Ahh, excellent, I was waiting for this.

I had hoped Sony were going to have a massive shipment for Freedom Wars (like 250k+) because they're pushing it as such a big new IP, but with these sellthrough figures I think that's a pipedream.  Likely about 200k shipped.

I wonder what Bamco shipped for Kamen Rider WiiU.  If it's like 10k or 20k, then 30% sellthrough is going to be pretty low sales :(

I wonder if Girls Und Panzer was affected by its terrible Famitsu review.

Ucell said:
Oreshika is going to flop badly.

Define "flop".

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

I dont think it'll flop at all, just to be sure, wat'll take for this game to flop? (how much would it be for it to flop in sales?)

tbone51 said:

Need to rethink that lol :P

More reasonable imo. FW less than 40k, LTD less than 120k. My expectations of this game are for FW: 55k minimum and 120k maximum!

Given how ridiculously low your expectations are, there's no way this game is going to flop for you at all, is there?

I think all of Think-Man's comparisons are fair.  Although they're 3 x anime series, they still all had a lot of buzz around the first in their respective musou titles because they were something new and exciting.  I wouldn't expect similar levels because Japan cares less about Zelda, but still, I'd expect more than 55k first week which would honestly be a complete disaster.

There's being pessimistic, and then there's lowballing everything so you can make it look better if the game does underperform, and it feels like you're doing the latter here Tbone.

It still has time because there's 3 SKU's and a good while until release yet.  But the bar for entry isn't going to get any lower than this into COMG, and it is surprising not to see it here yet.

Really sorry to post 4 time in a row, but to be fair it's been an hour and no-one else has said anything yet.

Here's some more retail musings from Japan Blogs:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118429985&postcount=491

GamesMaya Top 3 (first day sales):

1. Freedom Wars (PSV). The game is pushing hardware. It is being bought by high school and university students.
2. Watch Dogs (PS4). The game is pushing hardware too. It is being bought by young men.
3. Kamen Rider 2 (PS3). It's selling in a slower pace than the last entry.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118445483&postcount=495

he had a few comments this week like fw apealing to younger crowd? kamen rider lower than the previous one, ps wd lower sellthrough but slightly higher total volume, something about taiko 

Just trying to shed some light on Freedom Wars' performance using the figures from Kresnik's archive (thanks btw, otherwise this would be a right PITA)

Top 7 Vita Games Ranked by COMG points

TItle / End Points / FW Sales / Ratio

God Eater 2 / 411 / 264,381 / 1:644

Sword Art Online / 233 / 143,236 / 1:615

Persona 4 Golden / >192 / 137,128 / 1: > 714

Freedom Wars / 181 / ? / ?

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f / 178 / 159,688 / 1:897

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f 2nd / 144 / 100,185 / 1:696

Toukiden / 138 / 124,274 / 1:901

Highlighted the ones I think are most significant, at the 1:901 ratio Toukiden achieved, Freedom Wars would convert it's points into 163k sales FW. Now Toukiden had the advantage of there being slightly fewer hunting games on the system at the time (really it was only Soul Sacrifice, now there's SSD and God Eater 2) and so expecting a leap of 40k sales for FW seems a little high to me, but I think 150k is a realistic expectation (that would be the 4th best selling FW Vita game, beaten by GE2, FFX/X-2 HD (with all the SKUs added together) and the first Miku game, but ahead of SAO.

Hardware bumpage will be interesting, FW will probably be more popular than Toukiden (which boosted Vita to 31k if my memory serves), but Toukiden had an LE Vita bundle with FW doesn't

Youkai is doing incredibly well, it's come outa no where. You guys think it can do 1m FW? It's getting dangerously close to that!

Comgnet's Yokai Watch 2 big debut run, as of June 27th, 2014

[NDS] Inazuma Eleven 3 - 106pt + 106pt = 212pt
[3DS] Pokémon X/Y - 793pt + 785pt = 1,578pt
[3DS] Yokai Watch 2 - 532pt + 412pt = 944pt